• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aces High Jackets

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

I've been pretty quiet on the forum lately, but I just wanted to share a few photos of recent customer jackets that I've made. I'm getting a reasonably steady flow of orders for Irvins now, and have had a few enquiries about making a Coastal Command version. I'm hoping to offer one at some point this year (when I've made an accurate pattern for the hood).

I'm also working on new patterns for different styles of vintage leather jackets - hopefully something which will fit nicely alongside the great range already offered by the likes of Good Wear, NorShor, Bill Kelso, Aero, etc. The new styles will be a sub-brand of Aces High (called Rough Stuff), with the name being inspired by my late granddad who was one of the founders of the Rough Stuff fellowship in the early 1950s, for cyclists who wanted to ride off road in the countryside. He died last year, and left me all his WW2 RAF stuff (photos, squadron patches, kit bag, medals, etc) - sadly no Irvin though as he had to give that back at the end of the war!

Here are a few photos of recent customer jackets, and a shot of the label for the new range of jackets.

Cheers,

Jon

ButteMT61

Jon,

Those are lovely! The multi-panel is incredible! Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but it's way cool that you're using him as an inspiration for the new lineup. Looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for those!
Well done - glad you posted up and that things are going well there.

Scott

JDAM

Beautiful looking hide, though not sure the collar stitch is my cuppa tea. I prefer it to be as invisible as poss.