• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Accurate A2 Thread Color

Being new, I would have guessed that a seal brown A2 would be sewn with matching brown thread. But if I’m not mistaken, I’ve seen references to other thread colors being used. I believe Ive seen reference to OD as well as those with purplish or reddish hues. Again I could be wrong and perhaps this is on custom pieces. But I thought I’d ask anyway - what are accurate contract-era thread colors for A2s?

B-Man2

The thread color varied with the maker and contract of each A2 jacket . Now having said that many contracts had OD thread other jackets in that same contract had brown thread . It was wartime and manufacturers wanted to make their contracted numbers of jackets, so the color of thread wasn’t as much an issue for them as was getting the jackets out on time.
Cheers

blackrat2

Ditto what Brettafett says
Go on GW site as there is stuff on there I recall, or Eastman book as that covers most aspects of the A2 nuances