• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About genuine US ARMY M-65 field jacket

eamenos

I can’t agree more. However jackets from 70s with brass zippers are also very well made. I have four M65 jackets and I must say that the one from the 80s is made with less attention to details, especially stiching. But I guess it is a matter of a particular manufacturer rather than a decade. Just avoid plastic zippers, they may be still reliable but look less stylish
The one that I have has YKK metal zippers. My m65 was made by Golden MFG Co in 1987

bazzer

The one that I have has YKK metal zippers. My m65 was made by Golden MFG Co in 1987
Golden are very good manufacture I have one as well.
Isratex were taken to court by the us government for providing substandard goods
They used to give the dod inspector a better quality jacket to inspect instead of the vast majority of lower quality jackets they were produced for the military contract

Thomas Koehle

these jackets are pretty robust - any rain or other weather will not do any harm to them so just let it dry ...

i do not even use that repellant spray

genuine M65 are still relatively reasonable to come by - especially in the US - bought a size "S" and an "L" both marked with "seabees" recently on EBAY

also got a brandnew one in Woodland-camo from our member Burt in awesome condition - well not your size anyway

the one pictured was 30 bucks - some adjustments where necessary like open seams but nothing serious - with the logo embroidered

9uarpZ6.jpg

the "S" jacket with the logo printed / stencilled was 35 USD - photo was before a decent wash

pNUFSdT.jpg

"S" sizes should be available even more easy than the larger ones

Last edited:

Ed Rooney

My recollection from having an M-65 in Basic Training, circa 1987, was that the fabric was already fairly water resistant. I didn’t wear them much after that. I don’t even think I had stuff sewn on the ones I was issued in 90 or 96. I wore a Gore-Tex and flight jackets throughout.

eamenos

these jackets are pretty robust - any rain or other weather will not do any harm to them so just let it dry ...

i do not even use that repellant spray

genuine M65 are still relatively reasonable to come by - especially in the US - bought a size "S" and an "L" both marked with "seabees" recently on EBAY

also got a brandnew one in Woodland-camo from our member Burt in awesome condition - well not your size anyway

the one pictured was 30 bucks - some adjustments where necessary like open seams but nothing serious - with the logo embroidered

9uarpZ6.jpg

the "S" jacket with the logo printed / stencilled was 35 USD - photo was before a decent wash

pNUFSdT.jpg

"S" sizes should be available even more easy than the larger ones
My genuine woodland M65 has both logos above the chest pockets (soldier name and U.S ARMY) as yours. I'm searching for another genuine M65 but in Olive Green. Everyday i'm searching on Ebay, and I know that in USA there are lots of them to sell, but I prefer not buying in USA basically because I have to pay import taxes and other affairs (I'm from Catalonia). So I prefer buying in European Union because of I'm free of importation taxes.

It is hard to believe that a deep wash can convert the jacket as if it was brand new!! Very nice!

eamenos

Golden are very good manufacture I have one as well.
Isratex were taken to court by the us government for providing substandard goods
They used to give the dod inspector a better quality jacket to inspect instead of the vast majority of lower quality jackets they were produced for the military contract

Wow! I've heard that Isratex had problems with stiching thigs, but I didn't know that was taken to court. So I understand I've made a good purchase :)

bazzer

My genuine woodland M65 has both logos above the chest pockets (soldier name and U.S ARMY) as yours. I'm searching for another genuine M65 but in Olive Green. Everyday i'm searching on Ebay, and I know that in USA there are lots of them to sell, but I prefer not buying in USA basically because I have to pay import taxes and other affairs (I'm from Catalonia). So I prefer buying in European Union because of I'm free of importation taxes.

It is hard to believe that a deep wash can convert the jacket as if it was brand new!! Very nice!
Take a look at regorger good quality but they make you pay for it it's in Germany so no important taxes

Baz

eamenos

How M65 works in very low temperatures (0 or -0°C)???, as i've bought it this spring, I haven't proved it. I'm also looking for a liner for the deep winters.

Ed Rooney

How M65 works in very low temperatures (0 or -0°C)???, as i've bought it this spring, I haven't proved it. I'm also looking for a liner for the deep winters.

It's a poly/cotton shell with a cotton lining. There is no insulation, so you will need an insulating layer like a fleece or a liner at 0°C.

ausreenactor

Hi everybody, last month I bought an original issued 1987 US ARMY M-65 jacket in woodland cammo in excellent state. But I have some questions about it.

1- What could happen if someday I'm involved in a heavy rain, and the jacket ends totally wet? Is it dangerous for the jacket? Or I simply have to dry it under a sunny and windy day as other type of clothes?

2- Which M65 jackets are better designed (durability, resistance, etc), 60's-70's or 80's ones?

(My intention is to buy another genuine M-65 jacket but in the original colour, the green one). Thanks.
G'day and Welcome! Go way back and grab the Grand Daddy M-43!