• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAF Illustrated Catalog

Clark J

Was looking at my reprinted I.C Class 13 Clothing,Parachutes,Equipment & Supplies and noticed some thing..any leather jacket(A-2s & the "B" jackets)were made not only up into sz 50s but were made in "stouts" & longs.All later cloth jackets(all the B models)only went up to 46??Maybe all the bigger guys went in early?Even the A-1 and the ultra rare C-2 sweater went to 50.Buy the way has anyone here ever seen a C-2 over a 42?If one could only go back in time......

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I had seen the B-3 page reprinted in 'Suit Up', so I knew about the different fittings, but I didn't think that applied to the A-2. I'd always understood that they just came in one length, or cut ... regular.

Maybe there was no need for the cloth jackets to be larger than 46. I would wear a size 42 A-2, but in cloth, that size is too large in the chest, and shoulders.

Clark J

Yes you are correct about the A-2!I wear a 46 in all Eastman jackets and have a 44 chest and I have owned a 44 B-11 and it was tight,there is no way a sz 48 guy would be comfortable in a 46.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Clark J said:
I wear a 46 in all Eastman jackets and have a 44 chest and I have owned a 44 B-11 and it was tight,there is no way a sz 48 guy would be comfortable in a 46.

I think you'd need to be comparing like, for like, and Eastman jackets are not always sized the same as originals.

A sz 48 guy? maybe not. I mean that someone wearing a 48 A-2, for example, would wear a smaller marked size in a B-10.