• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAC recruiting poster

Greg Gale

One of my most treasured ones, a pirce of canvas from an SE5a. Can you tell which part? ;)

74BA9141-E5FF-49BE-8445-EFDA222BA263.jpeg

Greg Gale

I was visiting the Shuttleworth collection, and they just changed the canvas cover on their original SE. The old canvas was cut to pieces and they were up for grabs in exchange for donations. I took the once in a lifetime opportunity.

B-Man2

Dimitry;

I would have killed to have a bedroom with all of those models hanging from the ceiling like that when I was a kid!
That is off the charts cool!!

Flightengineer

Dimitry;

I would have killed to have a bedroom with all of those models hanging from the ceiling like that when I was a kid!
That is off the charts cool!!

Burt, thanks...I was usually "killed" by my parents, because these planes are terribly collecting dust :) And I could clean and wash them - only I'm . Сause I was ready to kill anyone who touched them in my absence :)

Flightengineer

I was visiting the Shuttleworth collection, and they just changed the canvas cover on their original SE. The old canvas was cut to pieces and they were up for grabs in exchange for donations. I took the once in a lifetime opportunity.

Greg you are lucky to hold it ! Just wow!

Here is one of my home favorite aviation artifact. This is an engine cowl flap from the C-47, from 1942, the aircraft served in RAF. We polished it to a mirror shine and it live on my computer desk top.

Among all sorts of things like the autograph Chuck Yeager on the wing of the model X-1, other autographs of aviation people and idols from my youth, my lovely propeller blades from C-45 , this thing takes honor place :)
I got it from one my British colleague. On the reverse side is still the Douglas factory decal and the PN.

Last edited: