• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Websites

London Cabbie

Am I the only one who goes through all the Mfg big name websites EVERYDAY looking at the jackets, especially BK 360...?

Attachments

• 26A3D815-3EAA-4B87-B01E-4C12DD5DD387.jpeg
    26A3D815-3EAA-4B87-B01E-4C12DD5DD387.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 177

Smithy

Am I the only one who goes through all the Mfg big name websites EVERYDAY looking at the jackets, especially BK 360...?

Cabbie, I think we all probably did that when we first got nuts about them ;)

I remember when I wanted an ELC Irvin which was my first flying jacket love and still is, I think I went pretty much every week and looked at the ELC website page for the best part of several years until I had the readies to buy one. My wife was studying, then we were travelling and I never had the money nor opportunity to get one. When I did it was like a dream come true.

Probably for those reasons it's still my favourite flying jacket.

Skip

Used to do that, after 10 jackets and a lot of mullah I’ve finally sorted them out to 4 jackets that I really want, just sold one this week which will fund an m422. oh, and there’s the Irvin I’m looking for.... and maybe a non military jacket somewhere along the line... did I say 4 jackets?

the Bk 360’ viewing point is an ideal way to view a jacket, specially to view individual details and hides for different maker jackets. Wish more online stores had this

Micawber

I was like that regarding originals back in the day but back then it was scouring the good old Exchange & Mart, pages of classifieds in the local papers, surplus shops, a few dealers, contacts etc. Then came faxes and heavens above the internet and its newsgroups, early browsers and very basic websites, Manion's auctions, early eBay when it was only small time in the U.S. Ah memories of genuine bargains without getting shafted over fees either way and customs extortion. Gary Eastman started to advertise on a large scale, those and Sefton A2's was about it other than the generic W&G, Avirex & Cooper stuff etc in the UK.

So, to stop waffling and answer the question, yes I still occasionally browse repro manufacturers but no, not daily. There are plenty of good new/ almost new / used bargains to be had.

Smithy

Yeah it doesn't get much better than that.

And just imagine how good that leather will look with some hard, long term wear, scuffs, burnished wear on some high points and even some darkening on areas where it's often handled or has skin contact.

If I was getting a Platon, I'd get the russet and without any hesitation.