• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Rough Ware by Five Star

mulceber

just IMO, a darker brown or even better seal brown seems to work better as a contemporary color for clothing to actually WEAR which is one of my main reasons for preferring seal or anything close. Russet and mid brown can look great and authentic of course but IMO tend to be out of place when worn in 2021. I know, who cares, wear what you like, just say'n.

Nah, I disagree. Shawn’s seal is almost black and that’s a very stark color. Black leather is also so closely associated with greasers that I think it’s hard to wear it without looking like you’re wearing a costume. A chocolatey brown looks more natural and just looks like a leather jacket to most people. Russet stands out more, but it isn’t associated with a particular look in most people’s minds, so it just makes you look distinctive.

leper-colony

This jacket is referred to as the seal horsehide. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10225986244661842&set=pcb.587444168821294
1630861342747.png

mulceber

Sorry, should say the work is very good on the jacket itself, not happy with the fit I should say. I can post photos of other jackets I have with the same measurements I provided to FS that fit my body better.

Maybe some more pictures would help. From where I'm sitting, it looks like you have a good A-2 fit.

bellumbill

Maybe some more pictures would help. From where I'm sitting, it looks like you have a good A-2 fit.

I'll get some more pics up later if I can - I'll also take some of another jacket that I think has a much better constructed fit with same measurements. One thing I don't like is the way the shoulder droops. Anyway, hope the original poster gets some decent idea of the leather and knit colors etc. BTW, the thread color is OD, liner nice WWII correct looking burnt orange. Those parts of the construction I think are really good.