• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Restoration for Vet

Smithy

Funny, new member comes in, digs up four year old thread, starts a battle that didn't exist. Seems you have a bone to pick with the OP more than anything...thanks for playing though. And no, being a Vet has no bearing on your opinions on this.

Considering it was a 4 year old thread and the jacket restorer concerned is no longer a member, the whole thing screamed of...

old.jpg

:)

ausreenactor

I get where 'old mate' was coming fro; however, sometimes you have to conduct a parity check. Opinions will always vary. If half of the crowd agrees with you and the other half don't it is open to conjecture. If everyone fails to see your reasoning perhaps it's time to reconsider your argument?

newagegeezer

Here's an original jacket I'm restoring for the Vet and his family. The paint has chipped quite a bit, the decal was 99% gone, and they want it freshened up a bit overall. The leather is in good condition with very nice patina and wear. It's got that been there done that look and I don't want to over do the colors, just bring back what is gone. I will take a series of photos for each section and post as this restoration progresses.

Hi A2Jacketman,
this thread came up in a search i was making on "Better Duck", no pictures now and couldn't see the name anywhere but just in case it was mentioned somewhere here, I'm coming to you.
If not , then apologies in advance.
About 40 years ago I purchased an A2 here in the U.K. that had been painted up name “Better Duck”. I have finally retired & got round to doing some research on the plane , came up with only a few items e.g from B17 register, that it was attached to 334BS of 95th BG based a while in Suffolk, and a single photo of the cockpit showing the name.

btw it’s Labelled Bronco Mfg co A2 dwg # 30-1415 a.c # W535 ac 29191

Thanking you in advance and Best regards

Attachments

• A2frontpatch.jpg
    A2frontpatch.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 302
  • bduckback1.jpg
    bduckback1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 304