• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 Jacket HELP...

SEAPIMP

Hello all...I just found this A2 Jacket, I have been looking for this Squadron patch for 20+ years now...My Grandfather was Lead Bombardier on 66 missions with this group (585th B/S). I can just make out the tag, and it reads J.A. Dubow, W535-AC-2096?...It also doesn't say Property US ARMY, US AIR FORCE...The jacket also has a collar stand. The man who wore the jacket was in service from 1938, till 1945 Can anyone help me date this A2 Jacket?...Any help would be Great...Thank You...
Troy

JADubow004.jpg

JADubow003.jpg

JADubow002.jpg

JADubow001.jpg

585thBSA2.jpg

SEAPIMP

SEAPIMP said:
Hello all...I just found this A2 Jacket, I have been looking for this Squadron patch for 20+ years now...My Grandfather was Lead Bombardier on 66 missions with this group (585th B/S). I can just make out the tag, and it reads J.A. Dubow, W535-AC-2096?...It also doesn't say Property US ARMY, US AIR FORCE...The jacket also has a collar stand. The man who wore the jacket was in service from 1938, till 1945 Can anyone help me date this A2 Jacket?...Any help would be Great...Thank You...
Troy

P.S...Does anyone know what that is on the zip?...It is even in the old photos of the jacket of him wearing it...Thank's again

JADubow004.jpg

JADubow003.jpg

JADubow002.jpg

JADubow001.jpg

585thBSA2.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
That's the first Dubow contract Troy, W535-AC-20960, and it dates from 1941.

On the zipper pull? ......... dunno.

SEAPIMP

Thank You David...This is the most I'v ever spent on an A2 Jacket, but like I said...I have been hunting this patch for 20+ years now...The search is over, and now I can hunt the Group patch...Thank You again, your the best...
Troy

T-Bolt

I remember Senicko having that bomb squadron patch on a jacket he owned at one point.

A early contract collar stand Dubow...........nice! :cool:

Ted

SEAPIMP

Hello Ted...This is the patch John, from Flymac made me, and Senicko. It's a copy of the 585th B/S patch. I sent him some photos of the patch, and he did an Awesome job. Senicko liked it so moch he had one made as well...We spoke about this way back on the old forum. It seems like 4ever, but I found a real one at last...Thank's...
Troy

(1st Copy)...This is the very 1st A2 Jacket I got...1979-80

HORSEHIDEA2.jpg

(2nd Copy) This is the 3rd A2 Jacket I got...It's a Perry A2...He made this 585th copy Just how it looked in the photo I sent.

PERRYSPORTSWEARA2.jpg

SEAPIMP

Hello Platoon...Both above pix are repro's of the 585th B/S patch...My first post is the real one...Thank's...
Troy

SEAPIMP

Hello MarkP40...Yes thats the guy that has made me the two above patches...He is a great guy...Thank's...
Troy