• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A2 different contracts

London Cabbie

Size 42 Platon Dubow.

But

In the meantime to tide me over, from Ding Dong in Hong Kong.
F106B50E-5033-4ABA-B6E6-EE6C9E142A1A.jpeg

Well as a Cabbie, it would be rude not to...
811879F8-9DC6-4C4C-9A45-C6BCB654C20C.jpeg

Brettafett

I think you'll find you could very well have nailed a sweet-spot jacket on your first go.
Almost everyone, self included sized up on Platon's (and BK's) Dubow. I tried a Dubow 40 a few months back and it was way too trim on me. No way I could have worn it. Thank goodness I went up to a 42. An almost ideal fit!
Did you go seal or russet? Looking forward to fit pics.

London Cabbie

I felt it would only be polite to go seal first. Russet will be next, then BK Seal with berry red cuffs after that, jeez this forum is terrible. I’m here watching Taxi Driver and getting ready to order a Bing Bong from Hong Kong Travis Bickell‘Tanker Jacket’ Thanks guys
Actually big thanks for all your knowledge and advice...

MikeyB-17

I felt it would only be polite to go seal first. Russet will be next, then BK Seal with berry red cuffs after that, jeez this forum is terrible. I’m here watching Taxi Driver and getting ready to order a Bing Bong from Hong Kong Travis Bickell‘Tanker Jacket’ Thanks guys
Actually big thanks for all your knowledge and advice...
Don’t say you weren’t warned! :D

D97x7

I don't have any Shinki so can't commit, I understand it's rather nice though.
Here's a couple of pics of Liberty and Warhorse, both very nice leathers as well. The two with russet are Warhorse, one having had the timeworn treatment, the A-2 is Liberty after around 4 years wear, I like it a lot although it does seem to get a bit of a bashing and I can see why. As for which I prefer, tough one, both are good and not owning a russet A-2 yet I can't compare totally, the non timeworn does feel a little heavier than the other two, but that may just be different batches of hide. So in all I like both and would be happy with either.
Which is no help at all, sorry.
IMG_20190930_110046.jpg
IMG_20190930_110022.jpg

Edited as it's the timeworn not 50cal treatment.

Last edited:

London Cabbie

I don't have any Shinki so can't commit, I understand it's rather nice though.
Here's a couple of pics of Liberty and Warhorse, both very nice leathers as well. The two with russet are Warhorse, one having had the timeworn treatment, the A-2 is Liberty after around 4 years wear, I like it a lot although it does seem to get a bit of a bashing and I can see why. As for which I prefer, tough one, both are good and not owning a russet A-2 yet I can't compare totally, the non timeworn does feel a little heavier than the other two, but that may just be different batches of hide. So in all I like both and would be happy with either.
Which is no help at all, sorry.
View attachment 24947View attachment 24948
Edited as it's the timeworn not 50cal treatment.
Lovely pattena, my G1 is getting there...