• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

A2 Deck Jackets

Thomas Koehle

as maybe someone already realized I'm a "Deck Jacket addict" and already gathered one and the other jacket in my collection

besides some N1 I also own some A2 Jackets - correct nomenclature is: Jacket Cold Weather Permeable

jackets are all in the same condition like I received it

"Seabees" Jacket in size "M" (equals 40 to 42) - the patch came with the jacket

"Higgy`s" Jacket in size "L" (equals 42 to 44) - don`t have a clou what the stencil on the back says - maybe someone can help out???

"SNEP FIT" Saudi Naval Expansion Program - seems the US supported the Scheichs in extending their fleet
also size "L"

"NSGA" - no clue about the meaning - found a lot of explanations on google like "Non-dominated Sorting Genetic Algoritm" but that can`t fit - anyone any better translation???
ranks ain`t stenciled but look more like printed

I own at least 2 or 3 more of the jackets but currently no pictures at hand

will post more as soon as I find `em on my harddrive

B-Man2

Nice looking collection!
I imagine the Seabee jackets are a little more difficult to find these days in any kind of nice condition,

falcon_ib

Love your collection! Interesting to see the differences in stenciling. The Seabees patch is beautiful as well.

Cobblers161

AE 21 looks to be USS Suribachi which was decomissioned in 1994.

I'll post some of mine up, I've 2 of the earlier Vietnam-era jackets with the thicker shell and straight edges on the pockets plus three of the later 80's versions. I sold two others last year but wish I'd held onto them.
One of them is a Seabee's which up until now I assumed was a fake as all there is to go on os a patch and a feint stencil on the back.

Keep posting the pics Thomas!

Cobblers161

NSGA could be Naval Security Group Activity with L3 most likely a base, possibly Winter Harbour, Maine.

I've found some photos of patches but it's such a pain in the arse to post anything on this forum.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

NSGA could be Naval Security Group Activity with L3 most likely a base, possibly Winter Harbour, Maine.

I've found some photos of patches but it's such a pain in the arse to post anything on this forum.
THX for those details - will keep the pics comin` but like you just said posting pics here is a bit complicated ...