• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a travis bickle jacket?

watchmanjimg

I think the best bet is to buy the patches for $25 and sew them on an original jacket, which in some cases can be found for even less.

Tim P

way less. the jacket was £20 (alpha at a closeout store, so no original messed about withh.) and the patches I just pinged owe me £22....when they get here I will see how cheesy they are and make a decision then

asiamiles

maybe it is a bit naff.
As long as you don't have "Bickle T" stencilled on the back, I don't think it's even remotely "naff".

The King King Company is anybody's guess, but again it's a great design.
It's right there on the first page of Schrader's script which describes Bickle wearing an army jacket with a King Kong Company patch; I'm guessing he just invented it perhaps thinking of the parallels between Travis rescuing Iris and Kong rescuing Ann (though The Searchers was more of an influence), as I'm not aware of any actual KK Co.

what a POS, check th epatch against repros though. makes me start to have more second thoughts... how do the patches on buzz or mccoys acets shape up?

http://eupdates.hrc.utexas.edu/site/Pag ... axi_Driver
Thanks for that link to the photos of the original jacket. McCoy's seem have copied the jacket (note the red lining; Buzz just use their regular Tanker for their Bickle jacket) and the KK patch (note the mouth) most accurately, so if you want a dead on copy of the Taxi Driver Tanker that seems the way to go.

A

Anonymous

Hmm
nice lining on the spearhead. They should take more care in the placement of the patches I guess

On the real mccoy m-65, some Japanese friend told me that in the photos it looks good but the materials use are totally different than those in the original m-65s, so when you handle it/wear it, the feeling is completely different.

the best jacket to sew these patches on is the m-65 1967/68 issue, (with silver zip) but they are extremely hard to find in good condition. Also, when you get one, you wonder whether you should ruin it with the stitchholes... I wouldn't

So best alternative, buy a good and cheap original m-65, there are plenty, and sew them on it.

Turntabloid

since MASH was not mentioned in this thread:
http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/eng ... g_moc.html

- m-65 repro
- king kong patch
- para wing patch
- campaign button

international orders are pretty easy and fast (via EMS) with these guys!

they also sell repair parts:
http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/eng ... epair.html

i just ordered the taxi driver set, and some repair thread for my real mccoys MJ6111 m-65 field jacket.

i have to admit, the MJ6111 has a different feel as described by PLATON's japanese friend - from a quality perspective not at all a bad thing, but if you want a 100% reproduction it probably is. it just feels thicker and as if it has a heavier weave. on the the MJ6111 they also used a custom olive tone, while they used the original OG107 on the MJ9115. i heard rumors that they tried to match the color on the MJ6111 to the already worn m-65s seen in movies like taxi driver, or pictures of vietnam.

oh, and the MJ6111 has definitely a slimmer silhouette than the standard m-65.

A

Anonymous

I have 7-8 original M65 from various makers and they all have different color.
So, I wouldn't mind about the color.

ausreenactor

Turntabloid said:
since MASH was not mentioned in this thread:
http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/eng ... g_moc.html

- m-65 repro
- king kong patch
- para wing patch
- campaign button

international orders are pretty easy and fast (via EMS) with these guys!

they also sell repair parts:
http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/eng ... epair.html

i just ordered the taxi driver set, and some repair thread for my real mccoys MJ6111 m-65 field jacket.

i have to admit, the MJ6111 has a different feel as described by PLATON's japanese friend - from a quality perspective not at all a bad thing, but if you want a 100% reproduction it probably is. it just feels thicker and as if it has a heavier weave. on the the MJ6111 they also used a custom olive tone, while they used the original OG107 on the MJ9115. i heard rumors that they tried to match the color on the MJ6111 to the already worn m-65s seen in movies like taxi driver, or pictures of vietnam.

oh, and the MJ6111 has definitely a slimmer silhouette than the standard m-65.

MASH are great to work with. I grabbed the US Army and Reinhart tapes from the John Lennon Imjin Scout shirt..

Couchy

Turntabloid

Photo%252015.03.12%252017%252015%252053.jpg

The Real McCoys MJ6111 (worn for a few years)

Photo%252015.03.12%252017%252017%252021.jpg

The Real McCoys MJ9115 (brand spanking new)

Photo%252015.03.12%252022%252006%252009.jpg

MASH Japan M.O.C. "Taxi Driver"-treatment for my TRMCs MJ6111