• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Tale of Two Companies ...A Commentary on Business Development

Chandler

I have to say, I don't see many leather flight jackets, either. Maybe a G-1(like) now and again, a few nylon types, but never any A-2s around here.

20 years ago, or so, I used to see the mall, distressed versions a lot, but never any more.

Pa12

I have to say, I don't see many leather flight jackets, either. Maybe a G-1(like) now and again, a few nylon types, but never any A-2s around here.

20 years ago, or so, I used to see the mall, distressed versions a lot, but never any more.
Yes. See lots of those. And the big baggy ones that have arm pits 6 inches above the waist.

Pa12

Although my second Avirex was a very chinsy looking seal cowhide, the fit was superb.

Chandler

They weren’t bad jackets. A little baggy for my liking
The FS or W&G?

One of my FS is baggy-ish, but the other isn't. Both of them (and the one I sold on) fit me the best in the shoulders of any repro I've owned.

Pa12

The FS or W&G?

One of my FS is baggy-ish, but the other isn't. Both of them (and the one I sold on) fit me the best in the shoulders of any repro I've owned.
I believe both of mine were flight suits, but I could be wrong. That was a long text ago and the jackets have been gone many years now. They were both hh.

Chandler

They were both hh.
The one I sold was a very robust HH A-2. The A-2 I still have is a very nice, veg-tanned, russet goat (one of the first Gibson & Barnes labeled jackets).

The other is a modern G-1 without mouton collar (an Ersatz AN-J-3 I had them make) -- soft, chrome-tanned goat in seal brown. It's a nice, sort of dressy jacket to wear.

I always wanted a W&G, but their authenticity kept me from taking the leap.

Pa12

Now I’m not sure what the company name was when I bought mine. Whatever it was first. Can’t remember if it was flight suits and then g&b, or the other way round.

Pa12

In hindsight, if I were to get into A-2’s now, I would get 2 Platons. One seal, one russet, and live happily ever after. And have an extra few grand in my bank account from all the previous buying and selling to find a good one.;)