• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A real flying jacket

Officer Dibley

Bought this jacket. Similar to my French one. People will turn their noses up at this but as it was specifically designed by medic helo crews & issued to them, it is a real flying jacket. Although any jacket worn by aircrew is a flying jacket right ?
Bi-swing back too.
25B5F71D-8AA7-4F00-BF23-091B2A81175D.jpeg
528AD620-101B-4A3D-8C31-2429CB1848A7.jpeg

B-Man2

Dave
Hell... I wouldn’t turn up my nose at it . I think it looks cool. I see it’s made by Aviation Leather Craft in the UK . They turn out some quality jackets . Ya done good buddy !:)

Officer Dibley

That’s what i thought & liked about this jacket. And that it is a real flying jacket.
Jackets with knits - especially the waistband - aren’t really a lot of cop for the motorbike.
The A-2’s cut is crap and the bi-swing on a G-1 helps but the collar and knits are awful for biking. The Aero Highwayman is too loose & boxy for my tastes. This one will be great.
Dave

Officer Dibley

Another photo now that i have the jacket.
Aviation Leathercraft are a company i have always turned my nose up to - even though they do make jackets RAF authorised for wear with uniform.
This jacket below is blousy if you but your size. I’m normally a 46” but bough this 42L. It is still loose on me apart from the waist and that is more due to me being a regular length & it being long. That does give me a great windproof fit which is what i want- albeit different to having a knit bottom.
I wore it to work yesterday and agood many folk (none of whom ever noticed my A-2’s ) have complemented me on this jacket & its’ fit. Go figure, £1k jacket, no remarks, £100 jacket, loads of nice words ......
Very similar to my French Air Force jacket from the front

48A7DA01-F087-4A57-A6EB-498C3FDCBE51.jpeg