• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question about wear and tear...

Tommer45

The jacket still looks like it needs a lot of breaking in. I'm rough on my jackets as well, but the only way I've gotten scuffs on my sleeves that resemble yours (but not to the extent of yours) is by walking too close to a concrete wall and accidentally sticking my arm out too far. I've done a few oil changes out in the driveway with my leather jackets on and even then they still don't get as scuffed up as that. How do your arms come in contact with so much stuff?

markc

Try walking to/from work in Manchester! The number of people means that I am frequently forced into contact with walls, etc. Plus - it rains all the bloody time!

I'm not sure what you mean about it still needing breaking in - the leather is pliable enough (it certainly doesn't stand up on its own any more).

I think that the hide chosen by Aero for this jacket isn't as "grainy" as some I've seen and it still looks quite smooth in a lot of areas - but I would say (and I'm no expert here - so I expect to be shot down in flames) that it's broken in.

Some of the jackets that I see here on this forum, particularly the Goatskin ones start with a lovely, almost pebbled, graininess and I'm going to have to give one of them a looksee later (but not now - finances are tight).

Fortunately, I'm going back to driving to work - so the jacket will get less "brick walll sandpaper" attacking it.

Cheers for your comments guys,

Mark C