• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A nylon lover's dream come true . . .

watchmanjimg

I just acquired this little gem over the weekend, a '76 Greenbrier L-2B 7448J still sealed in its original packaging. How many of you have seen one of these before? More importantly, should I open it?

76GreenbrierL2B001.jpg
76GreenbrierL2B002.jpg

76GreenbrierL2B003.jpg
76GreenbrierL2B004.jpg

USMC_GAU-21

I think I saw this one on the 'Bay.

Good score. I would open it, but.........some would not agree. Depends on why you bought it. To look at through the plastic? To make an investment? If those are true clearly leave it in the original wrap as the value will hold.

If you got it to enjoy. rip n Tear my friend. :twisted:

- r Gy Dan

watchmanjimg

This one didn't come from Ebay, Dan. In fact, it's the only one I've ever seen still sealed. I haven't thought of opening in quite awhile as I have at least 15 examples of the L-2 series, so I guess I can leave this one alone for now. Also, I once had a '76 Greenbrier and it was very short in the body.

USMC_GAU-21

Wow, good score. With that many in reserve leave it in the bag. I just saw a bagged L-2B the other day. If I find the auction again I will post the number. If I recall it did not sell. It was a large.

You mentioned the MASH knittings and repairing your jackets and restoring them? I take it you like the MASH products? And who does your sewing? Pro? You? I have a John Owensby MA-1 I would love to restore 1st run....but just haven't taken the plunge.

Dan

watchmanjimg

I know a nice Vietnamese lady who does repairs out of her home. Her work is excellent and her prices reasonable. I use original knits whenever possible, but for early blue jackets the MASH-produced knits are the way to go.

I have an Ownbey MA-1 myself. I'm only aware of the 1960 8279C contract, so I assume yours is the same. Unfortunately mine was machine-washed by a previous owner, so it's not a good candidate for restoration. :(

USMC_GAU-21

Wool all goofed up from the machine? Yes that is the same MA-1 Cx as mine. Bummer. I like the Ownbey stitching and piecing, they did a nice job in my opinion.

I know two very nice Korean gals here in PAX River that do tailoring on the base and she could do it for me. I have the replacement knits off 'Bay last year. It is a Medium so not for wear by me, but for the displays and mannequins.

r-DRH

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
watchmanjimg said:
I have an Ownbey MA-1 myself. I'm only aware of the 1960 8279C contract ...

Just to be annoying .... ;)

Isn't the Ownbey an 8279B, the last before the orange linings?

watchmanjimg

deeb7 said:
watchmanjimg said:
I have an Ownbey MA-1 myself. I'm only aware of the 1960 8279C contract ...

Just to be annoying .... ;)

Isn't the Ownbey an 8279B, the last before the orange linings?

My mistake, David. The Ownbey is indeed an 8279B. With all this gear I'm swimming in I occasionally get my wires crossed. :roll:

watchmanjimg

USMC_GAU-21 said:
Here is the one I saw on eBay it has been relisted with a BIN for $350.00.

- r - Dan

No: 230406792426

!BfVd8ywB2k~$(KGrHqUH-CMErgW,r!(pBL!09-)t9Q~~_3.JPG

!BfVd8ywB2k~$(KGrHqUH-CMErgW,r!(pBL!09-)t9Q~~_14.JPG

Wow, that's awesome. Lucky for my bank account that I need a Large . . .