• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.M. Clothing Irvin Jackets-the ultimate RAF fleece jacket!

Persimmon

Ken, I know this issue has grieved you but please resolve any issues with anyone involved outside of this forum.

John.
What issues do you suggest.
The thread was updated and questions were asked about what happened in the following years.
After that Ken reviewed and updated his knowledge he answered with a update.
Further to more questions Ken answered again.
It was suggested could the jacket project be brought to life and again a detailed answer was given.
I can’t see why you are trying to close this.
Unless it’s to unfairly protect other forum members ?

ButteMT61

What he said^^^
This is what I eluded to a while back when some self-righteous members were flogging Ken and someone else whom I'd have to go back to remember. I have this earmarked as one of the better scams and I'm not sure everyone has been "outed" and I too appreciate the info Ken posted here.
Funny the interwebs, it has a better memory than most of us. :eek:

stanier

Ken, I know this issue has grieved you but please resolve any issues with anyone involved outside of this forum.

Sorry John that’s heavy handed and not needed. There‘s things gone on here far worse than Ken’s comment, in fact what has he said that’s wrong(?) that don’t attract one comment from the mods. This thread might touch nerves but it’s better to run its course than shut it up because it might be uncomfortable for some.

Pilot

Peace to all...
...unsure about what really happened...
Projects pop up...projects burn out ...like comets...nobody harmed or lost money...so...lets all focus on actuals....and there are still a lot of interesting sujects..

Carl

A moderator has appeared ?!?!? funny that !! they were as rare as hens teeth when i was looking for one !! :D

Persimmon

Peace to all...
...unsure about what really happened...
Projects pop up...projects burn out ...like comets...nobody harmed or lost money...so...lets all focus on actuals....and there are still a lot of interesting sujects..

Don’t whisper the money issue to loud. Ken might hear.
Reading the comments earlier Aero took a hefty money hit what with the seemingly useless “ww2 in a box “ DNA quality assured sheep hides.

More importantly it would be a useful jacket to have and own I think for quite a few folks if the zip issue could be resolved based on the comments detailed earlier.

John Lever

Sorry John that’s heavy handed and not needed. There‘s things gone on here far worse than Ken’s comment, in fact what has he said that’s wrong(?) that don’t attract one comment from the mods. This thread might touch nerves but it’s better to run its course than shut it up because it might be uncomfortable for some.
There are things going on beyond this forum if which you are unaware. I am not against Ken, I am protecting the forum.

stanier

There are things going on beyond this forum if which you are unaware. I am not against Ken, I am protecting the forum.

Sorry John I don’t want to offend you, but this is silly. We are a bunch of vintage leather jacket HOBBY enthusiasts with some niche suppliers. It is not MI5 and the world going into meltdown.

There’s nothing going on beyond this forum beyond perhaps some long overdue discomfort being felt by someone somewhere and this silly playground consortium. Clearly Ken has taken more than a little grown up hit along the way and that gives him the right to comment in my view.

Somewhere along the way some members seem to have become more important than others and that needs sortin, not guarding ego’s.

John Lever

Thanks John.
Having been friends with the original creator of this forum, I know being a moderator is a thankless job.
Just saying thanks for what you guys do.
Thanks Grant, seriously thinking about packing it in as a mod.
Ken gets loads of flack. He's non PC and has had very bad luck and injustice done to him. I have always tried to have his back. The AM crew are members who simply wanted as amateurs and enthusiasts, to make the best ever Irvin repro. Somehow it got out of hand.
Shit happens.

Ken at Aero Leather

Somewhere along the way some members seem to have become more important than others and that needs sortin, not guarding ego’s.

That is the subject which makes up the highest % of my PMs and direct mails from VLJ members
I don't want to become the spokesman for the disaffected I'm quite happy being just another member, if I can put the decade of abuse Aero received on VLJ behind me, so can everybody else

Last edited:

Carl

I can well understand that, same with me though I’m sure on a smaller scale. Pardon my crudity, but it’s rather like a Royal Fart - everyone can smell it but no one dare mention it in public.
Pmsl !!! As Ken said "Priceless" :D:D

stanier

Does anyone know what’s happened to Jonnyboy? Personally I’ve not seen a post from him for ages and AcesHigh no longer makes jackets.

I think on here somewhere he said some years ago that he was pursuing other interests.

Such a shame.

Persimmon

Last I remember was a post two years back saying 2016 was a year he was cutting back to making just 10 jackets a year.

Would be good to know all is ok.
And indeed his take on this debacle several years on.

Ken at Aero Leather

Last I remember was a post two years back saying 2016 was a year he was cutting back to making just 10 jackets a year.

Would be good to know all is ok.
And indeed his take on this debacle several years on.

A solo operator would need to produce / sell three a week to make a half decent living, bearing in mind the investment in machinery (three machines to an Irvin/B-3 etc) and all the materials and fittings needed