• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.M. Clothing Irvin Jackets-the ultimate RAF fleece jacket!

Roughwear

Re: A.M. Clothing Irvin Jackets-the ultimate RAF fleece jack

HHjackets said:
apparently the first test jacket is done but no photos will be released until you are 100% satisfied of the pre-production jackets, so when would that be?
if someone wants to place an order now, how long would they have to wait before they get it?
the zipper is not looking good and still needs work and you say all be revealed later in the year, we are only in february.

jonnyboy's ready to take orders now, you could have waited until you had a proper jacket to show and then make your announcement and take orders.

Thank you for your comments. I will pass them on to those behind the project.

HHjackets

deeb7 said:
So is Aero making these?

it looks like it's leading maker of reproduction garments and there will be exacting quality control!
maybe it's Aviation Leathercraft!

stanier

John Lever said:
I have to say that Andrew is acting as a spokesman here for the main player who is not a member of this forum so lets not give him grief.

I don't know the main player here, and I suspect most don't, but that's not the point. The point is that someone who is a "respected" player on this forum chose to post, after a supposed years development a thread, the day after Jonnyboy advised that he was open to orders. Seems clear to me that Roughwears post was about redirecting some of those orders. The whole zip piece clinches it for me.

And to all, please don't imlpy the market is big enough to support both, how on earth can that be true. To anyone willing to spend this sort of money on a repro Irvin they'll go the extra yard for dot zips and the label at least, and I'm obviously not the only one here who knows that.

When I first saw this post I hoped and thought that Jonnyboy might be a member of the "consortium". Clearly not the case.

Jonnyboy, I know it's not easy but please bring your passion to the B3, D1, B6 etc market and leave all this behind you. I've read your posts and absorbed your search for dot zips (and the subsequent compromise), the right skins, the birth of your labels etc, etc and I don't even want an Irvin!

A PM at least from a fellow enthusiast before the forum post would not have betrayed any "confidence" and been the least a civil contributor who really respected your work would have done.

RCSignals

The discussion in this thread does not flow. Are there posts missing?

RCSignals

stanier said:
RCSignals said:

Sorry??

If you read back in pages there are a couple of posts that appear to be responses to something, however the something isn't clear.

ButteMT61

Looks intact to me. Sometimes, someone replies to something and someone else does right before that post and it gets'a little messy. This was a pretty heated thread today, so posts were flying fast. It's pretty much there for the reading. Nothing will be missed if you read them all...

RCSignals

ButteMT61 said:
Looks intact to me. Sometimes, someone replies to something and someone else does right before that post and it gets'a little messy. This was a pretty heated thread today, so posts were flying fast. It's pretty much there for the reading. Nothing will be missed if you read them all...

See your pm

Peter Graham

It's all there. I think it's pretty clear what's going on.

stanier

RCSignals said:
stanier said:
RCSignals said:

Sorry??

If you read back in pages there are a couple of posts that appear to be responses to something, however the something isn't clear.

I kind of see what you mean, but please let's not divert from the the main thrust of this thread. I feel for Jonnyboy, after all his work that everyone here has followed and praised. If I'd been in the market of an Irvin repro a week ago, and seen Jonnyboy's other thread looking to take orders week I would have ordered.

Would I now?

Peter Graham

stanier said:
If I'd been in the market of an Irvin repro a week ago, and seen Jonnyboy's other thread looking to take orders week I would have ordered.

Would I now?
Why not. What have you seen from Andrew apart from a pic of a half finished zipper, a load of secretive BS and the promise of a hefty price tag ?

RCSignals

stanier said:
I kind of see what you mean, but please let's not divert from the the main thrust of this thread. I feel for Jonnyboy, after all his work that everyone here has followed and praised. If I'd been in the market of an Irvin repro a week ago, and seen Jonnyboy's other thread looking to take orders week I would have ordered.

Would I now?

I certainly do not want to divert from what has become the main thrust of this thread. I too feel for Jonnyboy.
I think, I would hope, if someone is in the market for a tangible, known and proven product they would order from Jon.

ButteMT61

RCSignals said:
stanier said:

Would I now?

I certainly do not want to divert from what has become the main thrust of this thread. I too feel for Jonnyboy.
I think, I would hope, if someone is in the market for a tangible, known and proven product they would order from Jon.

I looked at one of Jon's pre-prod Irvins last year. Only problem was our trip was hella expensive, and I already had a new Aero I was picking up in Scotland. Now, I'm going to figure out a way to get one even though I can't afford it at the moment, have a GW on order, and can rarely wear one in Cali. Yeah, I'll do it. One way or another...

Peter Graham

ButteMT61 said:
Now, I'm going to figure out a way to get one even though I can't afford it at the moment, have a GW on order, and can rarely wear one in Cali. Yeah, I'll do it. One way or another...
I like your spirit. Maybe I will too. :)

ButteMT61

I'll sell the new Aero HWM I just got today. That's good for some of it. Seldom do I get riled over the jacket world. Today was the day. Classifieds, here I come. :lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

Roughwear said:
deeb7 said:
It's true Andrew, I think you're fighting a losing battle here.
There's no battle here to lose David! :eek:

... and you seem to be making a good job of it. ;)

Vcruiser

Really?...Why are there those surprised with the pompous attitude. It has been here all along..now just ramped up a few more notches. An importance that transcends any other forum personel. Don't you even realize just who you dare to confront...? :geek:

SuinBruin

stanier said:
A PM at least from a fellow enthusiast before the forum post would not have betrayed any "confidence" and been the least a civil contributor who really respected your work would have done.
I was thinking the same thing. Andrew, you are obviously a respected poster here, but this was not handled well.

fleet16b

Hmmmm same thing has taken place over on the Hat Forum.
It is hard to see this a coincidental that the A.M. announcement came so quickly after Johnnyboy
It does seam like bad form.....could have ben handled in a more tactful way IMHO