• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.M. Clothing Irvin Jackets-the ultimate RAF fleece jacket!

Otter

Re: A.M. Clothing Irvin Jackets-the ultimate RAF fleece jack

Seriously nice zipper though. :D

ButteMT61

philip.ed said:
John Lever said:
I very much doubt there will be any promotion on this forum.

Where else then, John? I'm not an expert, but I think the best decision the company could make would be to rise above the catastrophic marketing manoeuvre here, and to recognise that whilst there may have been bad feelings, they have no reason to let these continue. Absolute silence can't be beneficial.

I disagree in part. I think they effed up here (and elsewhere) to the point where keeping down low was a good choice. They'd do well to keep hush until they have a product and start clean. I'm sure some will want to buy, and I also am equally sure some here (and elsewhere) were extremely turned-off and wouldn't touch it. We all make mistakes, and we should all have a chance to redeem. But the critical factor in such things is the appropriate amount of time and contrition.

philip.ed

That's a fair point, actually. Of course the flip-side is that such an attitude could appear high-handed.

Either way, life's too short - in my opinion - to hold such grudges.

John Lever

philip.ed said:
John Lever said:

Where else then, John? I'm not an expert, but I think the best decision the company could make would be to rise above the catastrophic marketing manoeuvre here, and to recognise that whilst there may have been bad feelings, they have no reason to let these continue. Absolute silence can't be beneficial.
Yes the PR was a dister,but VLJ is only a small place.

Otter

Come on, be fair to them, the zips are superb, I would buy a set to replace the zips on my Aero and it does take a while for cloned sheep to grow to maturity! :eek:

ButteMT61

John Lever said:
philip.ed said:
John Lever said:

Yes the PR was a dister,but VLJ is only a small place.

Interesting take. I'd wager a jacket maker would not want this group pissed off, but what do I know...maybe it is too small to care. But between this and tfl, there's lots of potential customers - with money to spend.

John Lever

ButteMT61 said:
philip.ed said:
John Lever said:

I disagree in part. I think they effed up here (and elsewhere) to the point where keeping down low was a good choice. They'd do well to keep hush until they have a product and start clean. I'm sure some will want to buy, and I also am equally sure some here (and elsewhere) were extremely turned-off and wouldn't touch it. We all make mistakes, and we should all have a chance to redeem. But the critical factor in such things is the appropriate amount of time and contrition.
My point is that there are members here who will just slag the project no matter what they do. After an unfortunate start, why not let them make the jacket and then post on it's merits rather than on moral outrage by proxy ?
Poor Andrew really got it in the neck and I think it's time to give him a break.

Ian C

[/quote]
My point is that there are members here who will just slag the project no matter what they do. After an unfortunate start, why not let them make the jacket and then post on it's merits rather than on moral outrage by proxy ?
Poor Andrew really got it in the neck and I think it's time to give him a break.[/quote]

+1

flyboy

I am with you on that one, John.
There are customers enough for Irvins - being it ELC, Aero, Aces High or AM Clothing.
Let's drop this. And give peace a chance.

JDAM

flyboy said:
And give peace a chance.

Lest we forget!

Otter said:
Come on, be fair to them, the zips are superb...

- 1. I recall them being rough, though the images have been removed or deleted.

flyboy

As a token of truth AM clothing could offer Aces High to buy some of their repro Dot Zippers - wouldn't that be nice?
OK - I'll keep on dreaming... :lol:

ButteMT61

Poor Andrew really got it in the neck and I think it's time to give him a break.[/quote]

+1[/quote]

As I said previously...

"We all make mistakes, and we should all have a chance to redeem. But the critical factor in such things is the appropriate amount of time and contrition..."

I would never slag a project on it's own merits, or lack thereof. I vote with dollars.

ausreenactor

philip.ed said:
That's a fair point, actually. Of course the flip-side is that such an attitude could appear high-handed.

Either way, life's too short - in my opinion - to hold such grudges.

To me a grudge is somewhere you park your car.. ;)

Couchy

TOMG1401

I have been absent a very long, long time from our forum, aside from a too quick glance occasionally, sorry to hear of so many sad events, Davids' passing, he could almost be considered the Forums archivist, Aero Leathers USA rep's problems and impact on members, Mark and I collaborated on a great FQHH A-2, a favorite, I found him to be honest and a pleasure to deal with. BUT this nonsense with the Irvins', I of course agree that the "timing" of this "momentous" announcement of the " definitive" Irvin, from what I understand after reading all posts, is for only a few deemed worthy after extensive DNA testing proves one of their ancestors buggered a specific sheep between 1938 - 1939, is suspicious.

In all seriousness I am a 10 year+ member of this Forum and it's ancestors, and unfortunately there have been "shills"pushing the agenda of EVERY single repro maker, past and present, from day one, whether overtly or covertly. For better or for worse it appears to have been the impetus for those concerned to "up their game"and bring us to where we are today, Goodwear, Jon, Kelso, etc. I would bottom line this thread by agreeing with the member who said, vote with your dollars, everything else is debris - tom

ButteMT61

TOMG1401 said:
I have been absent a very long, long time from our forum, aside from a too quick glance occasionally, sorry to hear of so many sad events, Davids' passing, he could almost be considered the Forums archivist, Aero Leathers USA rep's problems and impact on members, Mark and I collaborated on a great FQHH A-2, a favorite, I found him to be honest and a pleasure to deal with. BUT this nonsense with the Irvins', I of course agree that the "timing" of this "momentous" announcement of the " definitive" Irvin, from what I understand after reading all posts, is for only a few deemed worthy after extensive DNA testing proves one of their ancestors buggered a specific sheep between 1938 - 1939, is suspicious.

In all seriousness I am a 10 year+ member of this Forum and it's ancestors, and unfortunately there have been "shills"pushing the agenda of EVERY single repro maker, past and present, from day one, whether overtly or covertly. For better or for worse it appears to have been the impetus for those concerned to "up their game"and bring us to where we are today, Goodwear, Jon, Kelso, etc. I would bottom line this thread by agreeing with the member who said, vote with your dollars, everything else is debris - tom

Well said.

philip.ed

Sorry to bump this again, but what exactly became of this project?