• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A heart warming tale

MikeyB-17

Well Boys, in these troubled times, a tale to warm the cockles of your heart and restore your faith in the inherent goodness and decency of the human species.
Regular visitors to these pages will no doubt be only too familiar with me bemoaning ad nauseam that I wish I'd never sold my Aero B-3. Basically I bought it new, wore it for several years, then sold it on to finance the purchase of a bass guitar (which I still own). Soon I came to miss it, and I came to realise that selling it may have been a mistake. Financial troubles prevented me getting another. Thus followed a number of years of me repeatedly expressing my regret all over this hallowed forum, especially when somebody (usually John Lever) was selling one which I couldn't afford!
Now it came to pass that the chap who bought it from me, Rich, a former very active and well-respected member, whose interest in flight jackets had waned, and who no longer visited the forum on a regular basis, happened to drop in on one of the all-too-numerous occasions when I was again lamenting the loss of my B-3. Not being a member any more, he couldn't PM me, so thankfully he remembered the name of my band (always said that was a good name!) and contacted me via our Facebook page. Basically he told me he'd hardly worn it, and would I be interested in buying it back?
Would I be interested?? O goodness me yes. The woodland toilet habits of bears sprang to mind. However, my financial troubles now being somewhat eased, I had just booked our first holiday in five years, and it would not have been a good time to announce to the wife that I was buying a jacket! Thankfully Rich was quite happy to wait until I was in a position to proceed, his principal interest being reuniting me with my jacket.
So to cut a long story short, my friends, I've got it back! I cannot tell you how great it felt to open that box and take out my old friend. Exactly as I remember it, and to my great delight it still fits! So now I am looking forward to the cold nights, November 5th, Xmas etc. when once again I have a sheepskin jacket to wear. I also have a pair of A-10 gloves to go with it, and my B-2 cap to complete the ensemble!
It has a few suede-y patches (they were there when I sold it) which I think I'll give a coat of shoe polish, and I'm intrigued by Ken's reference to Pledge, which I may try also.
So without wishing to embarrass the poor chap (I believe he's rejoined and plans to stop by occasionally, and I hope he does-Peter I was supposed to pass on Rich's regards), my eternal gratitude goes out to Rich, who could have made a lot more money from selling the jacket elsewhere, but preferred to see it go back to its original owner. There are still good men out there. Thanks again mate.
P1010631.JPG
P1010632.JPG

Of course, you need some fine footwear to go with the outfit! :)
P1010635.JPG

Officer Dibley

Suits you sir ! Looks good Mikey. Kharma isn't always a bitch.

Now i need whoever bought my ELC Cable russet goat to answer my call asking if anyone has one to sell.

Nice your mucker could wait for you too and that the fiscal future looks brighter.

Thanks for posting

Of course you'll need to move on to moaning ad nauseum about something else :D

Smithy

Looks great Mikey and pleased to hear you got it back!

Rich is one of the nicest blokes, he sent me a Laco strap for free for my watch back in the day here. If you're talking to him again say hi from Tim - I've got his email somewhere, must dig it out.

B-Man2

I like the story, it gives me faith that one day a few jackets I regret selling will find their way back home.
Looks good on you Mikey.!

Ken at Aero Leather

With regret it looks like we are going to have give a free pair of sunuks with every military jacket ordered, I reckon that's going to double our sales on USAAF kit
Have to admit this isn't an original idea, I've been inspired by this

Silver Surfer

hahahahahaha, after a big misspent morning of surfing my brains out, i dialed on to this. that is some funny shit, and double funny again. how bout a nice hawaiian punch? do we ever get old enough to get over all things three stooges? [rhetorical]

stanier

It fits you very very well Mikey! That creamy fleece colour is very lovely.

Great is found its way back to you, and don’t let it go again!:D