• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A "Flaw" I wish a repro maker would copy!

ZuZu

I have seen a few original Aeros with this "flaw":

It is a 15142p epaulet. You can clearly see that the operator making the eps was in a big hurry so that the parallel line stitching is very big and sloppy. The operatory sewing the ep to the body used a slightly different colored thread so you can barely see the "X" stitching.

Recreating this and not have it be a glaring weird feature would be very difficult. Much much more difficult than just phoning it in like all repro makers do today so that the weird double standard of wanting a jacket that looks like an original is combined with perfectionism. You can't have both.

Last edited:

ZuZu

Here you can see that the epaulet parallel stitching is about twice as spaced out as the body sewing;

Juanito

I have seen a few original Aeros with this "flaw":

View attachment 27171

It is a 15142p epaulet. You can clearly see that the operator making the eps was in a big hurry so that the parallel line stitching is very big and sloppy. The operatory sewing the ep to the body used a slightly different colored thread so you can barely see the "X" stitching.

Recreating this and not have it be a glaring weird feature would be very difficult. Much much more difficult than just phoning it in like all repro makers do today so that the weird double standard of wanting a jacket that looks like an original is combined with perfectionism. You can't have both.
The insane thing is that JC actually will do this and markets jackets made as such. It is as crazy as the pre-aged combat cloning/time worn/.50 cal or whatever the gimmicy name the respective manufacturer calls it.

ausreenactor

Just order a bespoke A-2 jacket and ask for it? Jay or Shawn should be able to accommodate your request easily.

As Nine say... Just do it.