• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few USAAF displays

bombs away

Hi Gents,

I got some free time to spend these days. I've been making some displays about USAAF.
Feel free to make any comments.

Bombardier :

3217196071_370f6006a8_b.jpg

Navigator :

3216949557_8b8e3dafef_b.jpg

Gunner # 1 :

3112746975_e56957286d_b.jpg

Gunner #2 :

3117493799_de7bebffc3_b.jpg

Fighter Pilot :

3118322266_a02997bae5_b.jpg

I hope you'll appreciate. If you have any question, please ask.

Tim.

Andrew

You've got an excellent collection of gear Tim, nice that you have a lot of the detailed stuff too- well worthy of a museum. Beautifully put together and photographed as well.

How do you display all your gear or do you have most of it stored at any one time? Any possibility of posting some shots of any overall shots? Yoiu have a sizeable RAF collection as well don't you?

bombs away

Thanks for the comments.

To answer to Andrew, all the stuff is kept in big plastic boxes in the garage, carefully stored. Unfortunately I don't have enough room in the house and I don't want to set mannequins in the living room or in the sleeping room. My wife accepts this "stinky stuff" as long as she doesn't see it.
So when there's nobody in the house for a moment I take some time to take some pics, just to appreciate my old friends.
I don't have too much RAF equipment. Just some items that were very representatives as used by the US pilots and crews. I wish someday I could have a complete display of a RAF airman.
Thanks again for your interest.
Tim

TankBuster

Tim,
Very nice! Fleck told me you picked up a 94th FS group from him.
You're a lucky guy. Especially at the price you got it for!!
Your collection is looking very nice! ;)

dujardin

hello

i will send you a mail, it will be more easy to explain
but to resume, great , splendid , high quality collection
byeeeee
marcel

better duck

Very interesting display, Tim: I very much appreciate it, so thanks for taking the time to lay the items out the way you did. Pity the wife regards them the way you describe, but very recognisable at the same time: Oh well, there is always us, to talk to, and to provide a shoulder to cry on, if one is necessary :)
I took the liberty of saving those pictures to my harddisk for future reference.

bombs away

Pity the wife regards them the way you describe, but very recognisable at the same time: Oh well, there is always us, to talk to, and to provide a shoulder to cry on, if one is necessary
:p :p :p :p

Thanks again guys for your kind comments.

Jeff, your collection is still a source of inspiration for me ! I owe you one of my best A-2 ;)
You must talk about this grouping from K.Felck :
3219971372_267308e882_b.jpg

I've been really lucky this time.

All the best,

Tim

TankBuster

Tim,
That's the one. A real beauty you've got there. I was in line
right after you. I'm glad someone got it who will truly appreciate
it. I'm glad you still love the 512th jacket. That was a tough one
to let go. You've got a great collection yourself!!
Take Care,
Jeff