• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Christmas BK RW 23380

mulceber

Haven't seen a lot of people posting their Christmas haul this year, so I thought I'd start showing off. I ordered this RW 23380 from Kelso in July and it arrived in October. I'm glad I asked Andy to send it to my family's house instead of mine, cuz I don't think I would have been able to hold out that extra 2 months for Christmas otherwise! o_O

Liberty hide lives up to its reputation, although I was a bit surprised by how similar it is in thickness and stiffness to my Badalassi jacket. It's lighter than the Badalassi, but not by as much as I anticipated. I was really pleased by how tight the knits are. Partly this is because it means my ELC 1401P, which also has really tight knits, is supposed to be that way, but mostly I just love the blousing effect it produces. The sleeves initially felt a little bit short, but that feeling's gradually going away. Not sure if that's because the leather and the knits are relaxing, or if I'm just getting used to the shorter sleeves. Probably a bit of both.

All in all, it's a great jacket and I can't wait for it to have a bit more of that lived-in feel. I'm also realizing the Rough Wears may be some of my favorite contracts. They're not as relaxed and comfortable as others, but they're what I think of when I picture an A-2 jacket, and they've got great style, what with the big collar, the slightly over-sized shoulders, and the blousing at the waist.

Posing with my other major gift this year, which has been a great read!

Wearing it with a new belt, courtesy of one of VLJ's top men, and a new pair of high-waisted jeans I got from Freddies of Pinewood.

Here's a quick selfie I shot a couple days ago that shows off the blousing a bit better:

Last edited:

C Grinde

I have an original Rw 23380, I purchased it at the Goodwill for $7.50, a couple of years ago. I keep the price tag in it to remind me that, yes, that really did happen! It has a Crown zipper, but was missing the puller. I have a "New" puller installed. It actually cost more than the jacket! It is my ultimate dream to have a BK RW 23380. Congrats on your purchase.

mulceber

I have an original Rw 23380, I purchased it at the Goodwill for $7.50, a couple of years ago. I keep the price tag in it to remind me that, yes, that really did happen

It’s stories like yours that make me look REALLY closely whenever I’m in the thrift store. Congrats on an unbelievable find. Have you posted any photos of it? It would make a great thread in the vintage section and I’d love to see them.

Technonut2112

Haven't seen a lot of people posting their Christmas haul this year, so I thought I'd start showing off. I ordered this RW 23380 from Kelso in July and it arrived in October. I'm glad I asked Andy to send it to my family's house instead of mine, cuz I don't think I would have been able to hold out that extra 2 months for Christmas otherwise! o_O

View attachment 29548
Liberty hide lives up to its reputation, although I was a bit surprised by how similar it is in thickness and stiffness to my Badalassi jacket. It's lighter than the Badalassi, but not by as much as I anticipated. I was really pleased by how tight the knits are. Partly this is because it means my ELC 1401P, which also has really tight knits, is supposed to be that way, but mostly I just love the blousing effect it produces. The sleeves initially felt a little bit short, but that feeling's gradually going away. Not sure if that's because the leather and the knits are relaxing, or if I'm just getting used to the shorter sleeves. Probably a bit of both.

All in all, it's a great jacket and I can't wait for it to have a bit more of that lived-in feel. I'm also realizing the Rough Wears may be some of my favorite contracts. They're not as relaxed and comfortable as others, but they're what I think of when I picture an A-2 jacket, and they've got great style, what with the big collar, the slightly over-sized shoulders, and the blousing at the waist.

View attachment 29549

Posing with my other major gift this year, which has been a great read!
View attachment 29554

Wearing it with a new belt, courtesy of one of VLJ's top men, and a new pair of high-waisted jeans I got from Freddies of Pinewood.
View attachment 29550
View attachment 29551

View attachment 29552

Here's a quick selfie I shot a couple days ago that shows off the blousing a bit better:
View attachment 29553

VERY nice! As I've posted many times before, an A-2 just doesn't look 'right' to me without some blousing..Looks great!

C Grinde

I have an original Rw 23380, I purchased it at the Goodwill for $7.50, a couple of years ago. I keep the price tag in it to remind me that, yes, that really did happen! It has a Crown zipper, but was missing the puller. I have a "New" puller installed. It actually cost more than the jacket! It is my ultimate dream to have a BK RW 23380. Congrats on your purchase.
fullsizeoutput_b70.jpeg
IMG_5385.JPG
fullsizeoutput_b70.jpegIMG_5385.JPG

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_b77.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_b77.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 336
  • fullsizeoutput_b6f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_b6f.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 332

mulceber

Great looking jacket! Looks like it’s in good, wearable condition as well! That $7.99 tag is just a shock. How much wear does it see?

C Grinde

Great looking jacket! Looks like it’s in good, wearable condition as well! That $7.99 tag is just a shock. How much wear does it see?
It is in pretty good shape for sure. I don't wear it for a couple of reasons. First, I don't want to ruin it, and second, Im a pretty big boy. I need about a size 48. Hence, one day I will get a Bill Kelso. I will wear the heck out of it like I'm sure you will yours.

MaxiMarry

I generally think that the best gift can be bought only by yourself. I always warn my relatives and friends before the holidays so that they give me money. Indeed, it's much better than getting a bunch of bullshit and unnecessary trash that will fill your house. I get very rare really good presents, so that's why I usually buy them myself. Frankly speaking, I was pleasantly surprised for the last time when my friend congratulated me with a delicious set from https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. It was really tasty and useful, compared to some figurines and cups with photo prints.