• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-3 cap

stanier

I don’t have a Buzz A-3 butI do have a MASH and agree with Grant. They’re beautifully made and fit well though that could clearly vary from person to person.

They come in a very nice box too!

They look and feel original IMHO.

stanier

Can't see the crown on Greg's pics but it looks like it is the wrong pattern in the QMI photos. Looks more like the cut of a later USAAF cap rather than an A-3.

JMI,
Dave

Thanks Dave, Crown! That’s the word I was looking for! How could I forget! May favourite word at the moment!

dmar836

LOL. The crown is often wrong. It is amazing to me how people(I won't even say companies) can't seem to make a pattern from an original before displaying them proudly for sale on the internet. It isn't difficult to do and doesn't even require the disassembly of an original but I guess that is too much trouble for what you think people will notice. For some reason those who have gone to the trouble to research and experiment do charge a higher price than those who charge almost nothing. Hmmm.
Dave

Grant

Here's a couple pics of the MASH A-3. Excuse my ugly mug.

MASH1.JPG
MASH2.JPG

stanier

Errr, I’m sorry (Steve) but Grant’s MASH A-3 looks excellent but your QMI “crown” seems at least a little big and not like any original pics I’ve seen :confused:.

Oops and very sorry and don’t mean to offend, it’s just I think it definitely worth paying the extra £15 or whatever it is for a MASH based in every pic I’ve seen of a QMI cap so far, sorry again:confused:.

Steve27752

Errr, I’m sorry (Steve) but Grant’s MASH A-3 looks excellent but your QMI “crown” seems at least a little big and not like any original pics I’ve seen :confused:.

Oops and very sorry and don’t mean to offend, it’s just I think it definitely worth paying the extra £15 or whatever it is for a MASH based in every pic I’ve seen of a QMI cap so far, sorry again:confused:.
No offence taken, I like it.

dmar836

By attempting to make some of the old caps I learned that many of us like the look but not the actual fit of the old style caps. I have also watched others, to whom I have given caps, put one on and thought, “Oh, that doesn’t look so good.”

Cocker

IMO, an A-3 cap needs to be worn with the visor flipped up! Yes, it does look out of place, even silly, for a lot of people, but what do they know, heh? :p