• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2's Can Inspire Weight Loss

adfrost

I had a six pack exposed once for a few months 2 years ago but I was miserable...spaghetti lasagna and pizza will hide that horrendous six pack abs bullshit in just a few days lol! Fat cells shrink but snap back like a sponge to water!

Yep, which is why they say “abs are built in the kitchen” and why I will never see mine.

I think high waisted jackets do not look good on folks with tummies. The high waist just makes the mid section looks larger. This makes so many "vintage" style jackets not so good to wear for folks carrying some extra pounds. This is the case in period photos of heavier people wearing vintage styles IMO I don't think high those waisted pants helped either!

I’m pretty sure this is one reason why even though the Army brought the Pinks & Greens back, they did NOT bring back the Ike jacket. Hell, I hear some don’t care much for the jacket belt either.

Edward

Yep, which is why they say “abs are built in the kitchen” and why I will never see mine.

I had to do a hell of a lot of running and veggies eating to see mine ... it was just a personal goal to see if I could at my then age of 49 years old . But I looked sickly otherwise so not much balance. Not sure I was particularly healthy either. Mission accomplished but never again lol! I don’t care to run as much as I did anyway... my knees tell me not to do it as much :( I was doing s lot of reverse crunches, planks and other ab exercises but no sit ups.

9B8A73B4-30B0-47A4-AA5D-114B2B5E6180.jpeg

Smithy

Fact of the matter is that any jacket that is waist length and especially if it has knits is always going to accentuate any extra flab down there, that just how it is.

Does anyone care? Most likely not. If you're chubby or fat, there's no changing the fact that you're chubby or fat so any piece of clothing, no matter how cool, is suddenly going to make you look like you've got the physique of Brad Pitt.

Wear what you like and be happy in it. If you're unhappy with your physique that's a different proposition, eat less, exercise more. Don't expect a piece of clothing to make you thinner.

Edward

Here is 180lbs me... I’m small framed/small boned so 180 on me is a lot of weight... I think a 34 waist... pot belly
90B18C15-4D26-4317-964D-EA92A35AA3EE.png

Running dropped it quick (and no soft drinks at all just water)
74A0D006-5FD1-4EC1-BACF-09E45BABBDCA.jpeg

Then I got addicted to losing weight and it got out of hand . I’m 5’ 11” and at 134 lbs with a 29” waist My clothes no longer fit and people got concerned lol!

4D817891-DF80-4A0B-85BE-CE3601647D33.png

Just thought I’d throw this one in as well... you can see why this old skinny man wanted a pic with these two sisters!
EBA46AAE-F2F1-4FB1-8D77-2C86FC2EAA36.jpeg

ausreenactor

I had to do a hell of a lot of running and veggies eating to see mine ... it was just a personal goal to see if I could at my then age of 49 years old . But I looked sickly otherwise so not much balance. Not sure I was particularly healthy either. Mission accomplished but never again lol! I don’t care to run as much as I did anyway... my knees tell me not to do it as much :( I was doing s lot of reverse crunches, planks and other ab exercises but no sit ups.

View attachment 30017

Yeah boi!

Edward

or some form of HIIT.

For me it was some of the P90x ab ripper. It’s murder! I can’t do all of the program so I picked and chose which ones I would go and stick to those. But with my layer of fatlard the running is what finally revealed the results from the planks sitting twists and crunches . I thought of biking but I don’t like to travel out too far. If I’m tired or in pain I can walk back home easily lol! Although I rarely do them now I can still do a 2 minute plank (muscle memory?) did a few 2 minute planks in this past week trying to get back into it. My A-2 jackets look pretty good on me lol! I love the weight and balance of my A-2s ... I hate when I have to take it off! P

mulceber

Yeah, that's why my cardio of choice is the eliptical: low impact, but relatively high calorie burn (about 400 calories every 30 minutes the way I have it set).

Edward

Yeah, that's why my cardio of choice is the eliptical: low impact, but relatively high calorie burn (about 400 calories every 30 minutes the way I have it set).

I switched to the elliptical at the gym when it got too cold out to run (and my knees started to feel uncomfortable after 2 miles) and I need to keep on that because liked it very much!so much nicer on the knees! I ran s couple of miles last week and it felt good. My problem is I want to do 5k or more but I need to learn to do more short runs and less long runs. But yes, if cold or raining the elliptical is boss!

ausreenactor

Was meant to go for a run this morning. Got tied here..

It is amazing how the transformation can become compulsive. Dumped around 30 lbs and got real fit in the process. The cardio has tapered but have only put on 6 - 8 pounds since getting back to the barracks routine.

Agree 100% on the soft drinks. I have limited myself to a couple of beers after the days' efforts. Yesterday was clean the gutters, clean the outer windows, wash down the colourbond fences out back, repaint the front door and solve an ear mite issue with the dog. Probably earned three beers. Bigger run tomorrow.. And sit ups. PB is 175 sit ups, to the cadence.

ausreenactor

I switched to the elliptical at the gym when it got too cold out to run (and my knees started to feel uncomfortable after 2 miles) and I need to keep on that because liked it very much!so much nicer on the knees!

If at the Gym the elliptical or treadmill can be lots easier on the eyes too.. just sayin'.

Smithy

I walk heaps everyday, and I mean heaps, and I swim a bit too. I have been doing intermittent fasting for around 6 or 7 months and it is easily the best thing I've done. I'm down to a 30'' waist, and I also weight train and my upper body is bigger than before. No crazy cardio routines, no crazy diets and I only weight train 2 or 3 times a week. Best thing I ever did with health/training.

Edward

If at the Gym the elliptical or treadmill can be lots easier on the eyes too.. just sayin'.
Indeed! An added benefit! I like to get on the treadmill sometimes too and I strategically place myself on the one placed by the stair stepper ... love watching that!

KariJ

Getting an A2 was the biggest boost of motivation for me to lose weight. The project took more than a year and when I started
07.07.2017 my measures were chest 118 cm belly 114 neck 46 head 61 shoulders 51 cm So practically a jacket was out of my reach

When I was planning to order 19.07.2019 those measures were 110, 100, 42, 59,5, 49 So I was able to order a nice size 46 from AERO
No when I have just kept excercising those measures are 108 100 41 59 and 49 So an A2 is one of the best systems to maintain your condition and weight I really can recommend :)

ausreenactor

I walk heaps everyday, and I mean heaps, and I swim a bit too. I have been doing intermittent fasting for around 6 or 7 months and it is easily the best thing I've done. I'm down to a 30'' waist, and I also weight train and my upper body is bigger than before. No crazy cardio routines, no crazy diets and I only weight train 2 or 3 times a week. Best thing I ever did with health/training.

I am not able to do any upper body weight training. Otherwise my original 40R WWII stuff wont fit!

Edward

I found I grow more if I only workout two or three days a week. I was overtraining a couple of years ago and hated taking a day off but quickly realized I needed not only recover time but a lot more than most due to my age. And I go for higher reps rather than higher weight. I tore my shoulder really bad (could hear and feel it tear) as I brought the bar down on the bench press. Needless to say I couldn’t do any benching for almost 9 months!!!! Couldn’t even do my preferred weight with dumbbells as it still pulled on my shoulder. That sucked.

I have not ever done fasting . Mentally I don’t think I can do it. I’ve wanted to try. For me it’s more small healthy snacking instead of 3 big meals. I can eat a handful of almonds and a banana or appl and be full an find for another couple of hours.
Walking! Now that I also like to do. Easier onthd body and therapeutic for me. I can walk for miles! love it!

Edward

Was meant to go for a run this morning. Got tied here..

It is amazing how the transformation can become compulsive. Dumped around 30 lbs and got real fit in the process. The cardio has tapered but have only put on 6 - 8 pounds since getting back to the barracks routine.

Agree 100% on the soft drinks. I have limited myself to a couple of beers after the days' efforts. Yesterday was clean the gutters, clean the outer windows, wash down the colourbond fences out back, repaint the front door and solve an ear mite issue with the dog. Probably earned three beers. Bigger run tomorrow.. And sit ups. PB is 175 sit ups, to the cadence.

Interestingly when you run a lot how much junk food or beer you can get away with since your metabolism is in high gear all the time! And after a run water taste so f’ing amazing! Lol! And any apple is like, the best apple you’ve ever put in your mouth! My tastebud sensitivities are heightened I suppose!

ausreenactor

At our last Squadron 'piss up' we had the option of jumping in the pool. After three unsuccessful attempts to take the title in the Octagon (in WWII jungle greens) I got the gear off and headed to the pool. I earned a new nickname from the tradies for the rest of the night.

"Groundskeeper Willie"

Online+Personal+Training.jpg