• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 labels for free

A

Anonymous

I just met some guy, he is the boyfriend my girlfriend's cousin and he works at one shop making labels.
He told me that it's no problem making a few labels for us for free.

I don't have any labels to give him to copy, so I would like to ask you guys if you can provide any good quality photos or scans (better) of jacket labels.

My preference is Rough Wear 42-1401-P, and W535ac27752 but please post whatever you have.

If he can make them I will give you guys some.

Please post.

A

Anonymous

Also, anybody knows what the labels are made of?
Satin? Damask? or Taffeta?

zoomer

PLATON said:
I just met some guy, he is the boyfriend my girlfriend's cousin
Is this one of those urban legends? :lol:

and he works at one shop making labels.
He told me that it's no problem making a few labels for us for free.
Hmmm...According to John Chapman most label makers won't even do A-2 labels if you pay them. Why is he willing and they're not? (Perhaps minimum orders are necessary?)

A

Anonymous

This guy is not doing it for money.
It's doing it for favor. His boss will never find out.
He can make a few if I give him something to be based on.

Tim P

OMG I need a label for my mcCoys size 48 Dubow! keep me in the loop f such a thing can be made cheap

Andrew

Can't wait to see sub-standard repro labels appearing on label less original jackets for profit....maybe not a VLJ'er but seen worse on Ebay.

Pope

Platon....thanks for the offer. Some guys are just A**holes and can't help it. Everyone on the forum doesn't fall into that catagory.

Mike

Tim P

airfrogusmc said:
Tim P said:
OMG I need a label for my mcCoys size 48 Dubow! keep me in the loop f such a thing can be made cheap

Hey Tim, did you wind up with my old Dubow?

I did.... and the shading of it, the creasing of it and the fit leave me turgid. :oops: The zip is a little tempermental due to the two missing teeth at the bottom but thus far I have managed to avoid losing the slider by considered use. As it is a deadstock example I am happy to work round it. Could stand to have a label in it but that is no biggie all things considered. Have not yet felt the need to be at all proactive and contact McCoys.
It is, without exception, my favourite a2 ever. so fond am I of it that I sold my grainy ELC star as being superfluous to my needs.

back onto topic, I applaud the offer of labels and would be properly grateful to recieve one whatever anyone elses take on the whole thing might be.
Thanks for your efforts and the offer!!
Tim

Tim P

sorry but there it is. it has all the hallmarks of having been worn in well without abuse, exactly what we all strive for.
I never stay turgid way for long :(