• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Jacket ID HELP!

Jaydee

Thinking about buying this one. Can anyone tell me the MFG and or Date of this jacket. Is it real or an old Repro?
Thanks!
-Jay
leather-1.jpg

Jaydee

zoomer said:
Any bigger pictures available? It would help a lot to be able to blow them up.
Thanks! I will work on that, let me get some coffee and load up photoshop.
-Jay

Jaydee

While I get it together let try this:
leather-3.jpg

These are the only photos I can get, but I should be able to cut them apart and blow them up in photoshop.

zoomer

Looks like the pocket tage reads:

Style ..(?)-2.................. (surely A-2; tag is folded over hiding the A)

Size.........40................

(unreadable).................. (could be cutter, lot no., etc.)

T-Bolt

I am almost positive it is a Star. Go to Acme Depot and look at the Star details and photos. Look at the pocket tag photo. The tag say "Style, then Size, then Order". If you look at Jaydee's jacket photo of the tag, it also says the same "Style-Size-Order".......the printing looks exactly the same.

Ted

kevlarg

Jaydee said:
Thinking about buying this one. Can anyone tell me the MFG and or Date of this jacket. Is it real or an old Repro?
Thanks!
-Jay
leather-1.jpg

Thanks for letting this one out of the bag Jaydee! So close I was hoping that no one was looking at it... :(

T-Bolt

Look at the collar shape, and the pocket curve, and the color of the jacket. Also, both jackets have ball-stud or "nipple snaps and the knit color is very similar. The curve at the bottom of the pockets is slight different, but all in all I think it is a Star, for sure.

Ted

Peter Graham

kevlarg said:
Thanks for letting this one out of the bag Jaydee! So close I was hoping that no one was looking at it... :(
You weren't the only one mate, but thanks a bunch Jaydee. :x

Jaydee

Peter Graham said:
kevlarg said:
You weren't the only one mate, but thanks a bunch Jaydee. :x
OH....So you guys shop on craigslist too huh! ;)

Roughwear

Ted is spot on. Its definitely a Star. A nice find as these jackets are rarer than many. I particularly like the shape of the pocket flaps on Star A2s.