• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 jacket artwork - Recommendations

ausreenactor

Must be a recent thing? I had my request for a jacket job politely declined. Will have the message here somewhere...

Thomas Koehle

Must be a recent thing? I had my request for a jacket job politely declined. Will have the message here somewhere...

Oh - maybe it is the other way around ...

Ties did my jacket some years (2 or 3) ago so maybe he changed his portfolio since then and is no longer doing leather????

Sorry - misunderstanding on my side ...

ausreenactor

All good. If there is a chance he is doing jackets then I will ask! At the very least I have a couple of patches I would like painted up. Your jacket is a ripper BTW!

Semix

Hello gents,

Looking for recommendations on who to contact in UK or EU, who can paint a great, WW2 authentic, vintage-looking design on an A-2 jacket.
As you can see from the images below, Im looking for something that would pass as 1944-art, weathered, and not shiny new bright modern art.

Look and feel below.

View attachment 22779View attachment 22780View attachment 22781View attachment 22782View attachment 22783View attachment 22784
Hello gents,

Looking for recommendations on who to contact in UK or EU, who can paint a great, WW2 authentic, vintage-looking design on an A-2 jacket.
As you can see from the images below, Im looking for something that would pass as 1944-art, weathered, and not shiny new bright modern art.

Look and feel below.

View attachment 22779View attachment 22780View attachment 22781View attachment 22782View attachment 22783View attachment 22784
Anneke Helleman from the Netherlands is a very good artist just google her name
She is also on facebook and instagram

ausreenactor

Put a link up a while ago.

Art looks great. Cost, communications, timelines, reputation and feedback through jackets and patches for VLJ members is another thing. Not sure if many have commissioned Anneke yet?

ausreenactor

67884819_2481122695455617_5609166351580004352_n.jpg

14 minutes ago. Email him now!

Brettafett

Haha I did, at same time I posted this thread... but he has not replied.... Emailed a couple of people for more info. No replies! Yet.

ties70

Put a link up a while ago.

Art looks great. Cost, communications, timelines, reputation and feedback through jackets and patches for VLJ members is another thing. Not sure if many have commissioned Anneke yet?

She is doing great work.

If there is something to criticize, then that: "When painting a pilot, she likes to include his sweetheart, his parents, their dog, the neighbor's cat and the factory worker, who made the plane into the picture!"

- Thomas Koehle

It's a rough quotation of what Thomas said, when we spoke about some of the work over at FB's "Reproduction Flight Jacket Patches"...

Ties

Bombing IP

The ELC Grant has with the painted back is well done maybe that artist would be a good person to do it .I do not know who it is ,does anyone know ?.

Jeff

Officer Dibley

What i really like about Ties work is it looks authentic. Too many artists now make work of art homages. If you are gonna paint a jacket, at least lend it the air of someone working in a nissen hut who has a bit of a gift but not Michaelangelo.
I’m not saying Ties is good because he’s crap !! I am saying he’s great because he nails the era. I am in awe of that skill