• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Fashion

A

Anonymous

Maybe I'm Wrong, but it seams that the Japanese market has created a more artsy, fashion statement out of flight jackets, with an almost feminine fell about it. To slick, to much shine to the leathers, kind of over processed.

Falcon_52

I don't agree with the feminine part but I think to some extent, the reproduction market has driven the manufacturers to make jackets more for style than for a utilitarian purpose. How many people that buy an A-2 or G-1 repro jacket actually use it to pilot an aircraft? Sure there are some like Hacker and Bill French but I think a lot of people buy it for the styling, which is timeless.

To be honest, the repro jackets that I saw first-hand in Japan were really first rate. They were not nearly as shiny as the The Few jackets appear to be in pictures. The only problem with the Japanese manufacturers is that it's tough to find one of their jackets that will fit me!

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth...

Noel

Who

MarkP40 said:
Maybe I'm Wrong, but it seams that the Japanese market has created a more artsy, fashion statement out of flight jackets, with an almost feminine fell about it. To slick, to much shine to the leathers, kind of over processed.
Yep, you're right, I think. They're shiny, slimline, pretty female things.

Andrew

Who said:
MarkP40 said:
Yep, you're right, I think. They're shiny, slimline, pretty female things.

Sorry can't resist but can you please remind me which base you're on?