• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Dubow repro from Bill Kelso.

Pilot

Believe one of the best cut and pattern available ( correct and same as the GW ones) ... note the collar, label and epaulets design...
IMHO, the most correct pattern ( with GW) offered as repro, so far.

Last edited:

Grant

It' not so nice a Star - terrible modern zip and knit replacements,mising spec/size label. The worst is the hole in the leather and major cracking around the shoulder area which scream dry rot.

CBI

for $500 plus some repairs It could be a decent wearer for 1/2 the price of a high end repro. Not sure the cracking would be such as issue. I have worn many jackets over the years with similar shoulder area cracks with no issues at all. Of course, as an original I wouldn't wear it everyday. The zip could be replaced easily. I would not hesitate buying it if it had a little more character as the leather seems a bit bland. He would take $450 for it.

RB25

The BK is a great looking jacket, the Star looks like it needs some TLC. Like Grant mentioned the Star has its flaws. With cracks like that on the upper back panel, the small hole and the separation on the arm I’d say those are some costly repairs/replacements.

CBI

flight jackets.com about $200 for repairs, zip and knits if you wanted to plus maybe some eBay knits. Despite flaws its probably a wearable original. Simply different animal than a repro but sorry, perhaps need to stay on topic. Same guy selling a BK which is the OP.

Brettafett

Glad you asked ;)
Well, I have my Dubow from Platon, two from BK (one with an inch added to lengths, and another with an extra 0.5 inch added to sleeves for my Orangutan arms, which I prefer) Plus, have a seal BK RW23380 arriving soon.
Planning on a russet A-2 (tbc), and.... keen to see Headwind's No name.
So, the one BK Dubow with an inch added can go.