• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 - Do these measurements add up?

Axlepressbutton

I'm tempted by an A2 but wanted some experts opinion on sizes.

Aero leather
Order No 42-15142-P

Label says 34
But seller says the measurements are....
Chest 40"
Waist 33"
Length 24"
Shoulder 15 1/2"

The sellers sells a lot of jackets so should know how to measure one. Thing is, these measurements are close to that of my G1 (a size 42) which fits great. The concerning measurement is the 15 1/2 shoulder measurement.

It doesn't seem to add up. Think it will fit me? I'm 5'11", athletic build at 175lbs.
Thoughts?
Cheers in advance,
Stuart

B-Man2

Sounds like the seller might have mis measured or just maybe he wants to dump it quickly.
Who knows, but I would think about it a little more.

Steve27752

I'm tempted by an A2 but wanted some experts opinion on sizes.

Aero leather
Order No 42-15142-P

Label says 34
But seller says the measurements are....
Chest 40"
Waist 33"
Length 24"
Shoulder 15 1/2"

The sellers sells a lot of jackets so should know how to measure one. Thing is, these measurements are close to that of my G1 (a size 42) which fits great. The concerning measurement is the 15 1/2 shoulder measurement.

It doesn't seem to add up. Think it will fit me? I'm 5'11", athletic build at 175lbs.
Thoughts?
Cheers in advance,
Stuart

Welcome to VLJ.
By way of an introduction, why not post a bit about yourself here.
http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/forums/member-bios.21/

Brettafett

Those measurements are well off.... Something is amiss...
If the shoulders were 18.5 then it would make more sense (but then that would not be a 34), even then I'd say to small for ye (I'm 5'11 and wear size 40 Aero A-2s and A-2s in general)...
Possibly an apprentice jacket?

Smithy

15 1/2?! You'd nearly need to be a smurf to fit into that.

Definitely heed the advice of the other fellows, this will be too small, unless the seller has made a cock up with the shoulder measurement.