• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-1 / G-1 Combo jacket - Custom Project

Skyhawk

This is an interesting jacket we made for a customer recently. He is overseas working as an aviation contractor but is also a retired Navy helicopter pilot. He sent me hand written drawings for this jacket which was pretty cool and interesting. I had never had someone do that on a custom job. We made the jacket and sent it out to him. He just emailed me the other day and has been wearing it. He loves it. He still wears his G-1 but likes this as a lighter option. This jacket is made out of our Seal Mil Spec Goatskin and Medium Brown knits.
A-1-G-1-01.jpg

A-1-G-1-02.jpg

P1040858.JPG

A-1-G-1-03.jpg

2019-11-08 08.46.48-1-1.jpeg

His review:

"Thank you very much for making my custom designed A-1/G.
It is a great intermediate solution for use in the Spring and Fall months when the air is a bit cooler but not quite cold enough for my issued G-1.
This jacket design - I believe - offers the classic styling of the A-1, with its button-down front closure and knit collar, but with the added benefits of a G-1, having larger pockets, a belted waist and solid one-piece back so there’s no seams grinding into your upper back when sitting in the seat for too long.
The quality of stitching is superb, remaining even and on-track throughout the entire jacket, and the real wool knit for the cuffs, waist band, and collar are perfect."

Best Regards,
Jay