• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9th BS (3 patches) and 7th FS (2 patches)

Yardstick

Here are 5 patches coving the 9th Bomb and 7th Fighter Squadrons (all based on originals). Starting with the 9th BS, 7th BG, the first patch is the classic searchlight in the night sky forming the roman numeral IX. This multipiece construction uses a mix of 3 different types of goatskin.
Image1.jpg

The next two are versions of the 9th BS 'Flying Cobras' emblem. There are lots of versions of this design (which include: bullion, printed on leather and multipiece). These two use a mix of goat, with painted and inked detail. The patch on the left has a base of horsehide (from a large batch of Eastman offcuts that Gary's father sent me about 20 year's ago).
Image3.jpg

The final set are from the 7th Fighter Sq, 49th FG. The multipiece patch is my most recent creation and uses a mix of custom dyed goat in 2 different thicknesses. This is supplemented by embroidered detailing. The embroidered patch (which I have previously posted) uses Aussie style heavy embroidery on a wool felt base.
Image2.jpg

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Here are 5 patches coving the 9th Bomb and 7th Fighter Squadrons (all based on originals). Starting with the 9th BS, 7th BG, the first patch is the classic searchlight in the night sky forming the roman numeral IX. This multipiece construction uses a mix of 3 different types of goatskin.
View attachment 78315

The next two are versions of the 9th BS 'Flying Cobras' emblem. There are lots of versions of this design (which include: bullion, printed on leather and multipiece). These two use a mix of goat, with painted and inked detail. The patch on the left has a base of horsehide (from a large batch of Eastman offcuts that Gary's father sent me about 20 year's ago).
View attachment 78316

The final set are from the 7th Fighter Sq, 49th FG. The multipiece patch is my most recent creation and uses a mix of custom dyed goat in 2 different thicknesses. This is supplemented by embroidered detailing. The embroidered patch (which I have previously posted) uses Aussie style heavy embroidery on a wool felt base.
View attachment 78317
The Bunyip!