• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

95th Bomb Group "Better Duck" leather patch I made .........

EMBLEMHUNTER

Here's a leather patch done on the line of the nose art seen in the image here, a slight variation as I went with an image sent to me for man who wanted it made, the B-17 was with the 95th Bombardment Group, enjoy :)
1st 1st 1st.jpg

newagegeezer

Here's a leather patch done on the line of the nose art seen in the image here, a slight variation as I went with an image sent to me for man who wanted it made, the B-17 was with the 95th Bombardment Group, enjoy :) View attachment 18613
Hi Emblemhunter,

the person who requested this may be able to help me ....
about 40 years ago I purchased an A2 here in the U.K. that had been painted up with name “Better Duck”. It had come from daughter of woman in Suffolk who had been given it by one of the crew when he left UK .I have finally retired & got round to doing some research on the plane , came up with only a few items e.g from B17 register, that it was attached to 334BS of 95th BG based a while at Suffolk, and the photo of the cockpit showing the name, that you show. So coming to you to hope you may have some time to see if you can come up with something -
attaching a couple of photos

btw it’s Labelled Bronco Mfg co A2 dwg # 30-1415 a.c # W535 ac 29191
Thanks and best regards

Attachments

• A2frontpatch.jpg
    A2frontpatch.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 236
  • bduckback1.jpg
    bduckback1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 318

Micawber

Hi Emblemhunter,

about 40 years ago I purchased an A2 here in the U.K. that had been painted up with name “Better Duck”. It had come from daughter of woman in Suffolk who had been given it by one of the crew when he left UK .I have finally retired & got round to doing some research on the plane , came up with only a few items e.g from B17 register, that it was attached to 334BS of 95th BG based a while at Suffolk, and the photo of the cockpit showing the name, that you show. So coming to you to hope you may have some time to see if you can come up with something -

Thanks and best regards

Ooooh nice, need more photos of that jacket!!

Micawber

If I were you I would contact the 95th Bomb Group Memorial Foundation http://95thbg.org/j3migr/
Also drop a line to the museum at Horham too. I might have info in some of my books but I'm up to my eyeballs with researching one or two wartime incidents on my own doorstep just now.

ties70

That's just a beautiful artwork!!! It must have been done by someone who really knew what he was doing...

newagegeezer

great , thanks for all those suggestions folks, I did contact Horsham museum ages ago but no reply, will try again and as requested a few more photos, it had been kept in an attic and mice chewed sleeves, Paul Roberts (anyone know of him ?) had that repaired, so knitting replaced.
Cheers

Attachments

• bduckfullfront.jpg
    bduckfullfront.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 250
  • bduckfullback.jpg
    bduckfullback.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 220
  • A2sleeves.jpg
    A2sleeves.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 253

EMBLEMHUNTER

O.K. the patch on the front of the jacket in the images is of the 442nd Bombardment Squadron of the 320th Bombardment Group, they flew B-26 Marauders, so there is the reason you've had a bit of a time finding out info about the jacket, I suggest you look the 320th BG and 442nd Squadron ….
442nd Bombardment Squadron (2).jpg

newagegeezer

thanks so much for that, as per earlier suggestion I contacted teh 95th BG and along with your reply got one form Paul Sampanaro their researcher who said exactly the same, so now to search a B26 register, I'll let you know how I get on
Cheers

JosephDaniel

Hi Emblemhunter,

Thanks and best regards

newagegeezer,

Your jacket is fantastic. I would love to see more detail, close-up photos of your jacket's artwork. This is the sort of example I love seeing.

Regards,

Joseph