• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

88th Fighter Squadron, 80th Fighter Group "Burma Banshee" A-2

Cocker

While digging around for Burma Banshee stuffs during the course of Brett's thread, I found those pictures of a beautiful A-2 jacket named to a 88th FS veteran. A couple years ago, I enquired around about the "Devil" squadron patch for the 88th, as it appeared on a couple aircraft pictures, but apparently never was an official patch. I was very much looking to have one of these made, but discarded the idea after finding no proof of it's use except on one aircraft.

Well, seems that things have evolved a little bit!

My knowledge of A-2 contract/manufacturer's details is not good enough to identify who was the maker of this one. I want to say Dubow, but really not sure about it.

Onto the pictures, now!

1613214729382.png

1613214745280.png

1613214760666.png

1613214798895.png

Silver Surfer

some 20 years or so ago, I saw yet another a-2 bearing this patch, and asked Sean [remember him?] to make one for me. he did so, and it was in every way outstanding. layered, and colored perfectly. I know I still have it, but the questions is where.

B-Man2

some 20 years or so ago, I saw yet another a-2 bearing this patch, and asked Sean [remember him?] to make one for me. he did so, and it was in every way outstanding. layered, and colored perfectly. I know I still have it, but the questions is where.
Vic
If you find it and want to move it on, please keep me in mind . This patch is crazy .

caddyd

Yes Dubow with the pointed collar and wider epaulets. And 27798 with the larger label likely in horsehide.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (16).jpg
    s-l1600 (16).jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 87
  • s-l1600 (19).jpg
    s-l1600 (19).jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 76

ausreenactor

Story of my life..