• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75th fighter squadron rough wear

Silver Surfer

here are some pix of my original rough wear a-2, 75th fg jacket named to b. barnum, whom i believe was a group captain. i thought that it might be interesting to see the patch placement on and early cbi a-2, as there was a thread recently about avg patch placement. though this jacket is not and avg jacket, the 75th was rolled out of the 2nd [panda bears] avg pursuit squadron into the 75th when the us officially entered the war.

Last edited:

Grant

Duh! posted them on the wrong chain!

IMG_2423.JPG
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2428.JPG
IMG_2429.JPG

taikonaut

Was the patch a later addition to the jacket? Just going by the patina on the jacket in relation the patches.

Lorenzo_l

What a gem of a jacket. Probably too important a piece of history to be worn! It deserves it's own space in a top history museum.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

because the the rw 1401-p contract was finished in veg aniline, just about all that j have seen, and, or, handled, have a lot of surface wear, and are kinda splotchy [patina]. the wear on the patches is consistent with the wear on the hides. there is a slightly darker ghost on the hides around the patches. where i was able to lift a small area of the patches i found that the hide underneath to be darker yet. i do wear it on rare occasions.