• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

75th fighter squadron rough wear

Silver Surfer

here are some pix of my original rough wear a-2, 75th fg jacket named to b. barnum, whom i believe was a group captain. i thought that it might be interesting to see the patch placement on and early cbi a-2, as there was a thread recently about avg patch placement. though this jacket is not and avg jacket, the 75th was rolled out of the 2nd [panda bears] avg pursuit squadron into the 75th when the us officially entered the war.

Last edited:

Bombing IP

QUOTE "Duh! posted them on the wrong chain! " QUOTE

Who cares its a wonderful posting thanks Grant !

BIP

taikonaut

Was the patch a later addition to the jacket? Just going by the patina on the jacket in relation the patches.

Lorenzol

What a gem of a jacket. Probably too important a piece of history to be worn! It deserves it's own space in a top history museum.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

because the the rw 1401-p contract was finished in veg aniline, just about all that j have seen, and, or, handled, have a lot of surface wear, and are kinda splotchy [patina]. the wear on the patches is consistent with the wear on the hides. there is a slightly darker ghost on the hides around the patches. where i was able to lift a small area of the patches i found that the hide underneath to be darker yet. i do wear it on rare occasions.