• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7448C???

Pep

First post for me.
Is there a way to find the date for this jacket?
For now all I have is a pic of the label.
7448C.jpg

Thank you,

Clark J

Welcome ! Can't answer your ? but does it have a bottom flap at the bottom of the zip ?

MikeyB-17

An ancient post, one of David (Deeb7)’s first in fact, and he was the man, says it was the first of the J-7448c contracts, fiscal year 1958, so late ‘57-early’58.

Pilot

If I am not mistaken its ( was) Burt’s (B-Man2) jacket.
Anyway, Burt is an expert.
He will for sure chime in.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Brice
Thanks for those kinds words , but honestly I’m not really an expert on any of this stuff. Mikey nailed it down perfectly with a little help from Deeb7 . He was the true expert on this forum. If he posted something you could take it to the bank.
On a side note, if Pep would post some front and back photos of the jacket that would be great.

Last edited:

Pep

Brice
Thanks for those kinds words , but honestly I’m not really an expert on any of this stuff. Mikey nailed it down perfectly with a little help from Deeb7 . He was the true expert on this forum. If he posted something you could take it to the bank.
On a side note, if Pep would post some front and back photos of the jacket that would be great.
As soon as I receive it I will indeed post a few pics.
I have a 67 MA1 i will post sometime also. I had a question about it.
thanks

B-Man2

Right... However my jacket had a lot of sun fade which might make a difference in the photos

B-Man2

How does more or less color fade affect the desirability of the jacket?
Well ... from a collectors point of view ... the better the condition of an original jacket, the more desirable it is. For example, a NOS (New old stock ) original jacket, in the original container that it was issued in, would be the find of the week if you happened upon one. Of course the price of the jacket would rise dramatically for that jacket . A faded original is ok, but condition means a lot when collecting originals of anything. Hope I answered your question .
Cheers