• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

5* versus AVI

Garylafortuna

Please mister Eastwood, do not contaminate the name of honor by assuming it. That everyone here is aware that you are a jerk is blatantly evident by your words. That you harbor a desire that everyone should know this
is definitely not the epiphany you believe it to be, but rather an indication of a very troubled mind.

Last edited:

Eastwood

Please mister Eastwood, do not contaminate the name of honor by assuming it. That everyone here is aware that you are a jerk is blatantly evident by your words. That you harbor a desire that everyone should know this
is definitely not the epiphany you believe it to be, but rather an indication of a very troubled mind.
Oh, personal insults began.. This perfectly confirms the reason why most decent people left the forum..

MeachamLake

Who is Eastwood?

I can think of many suspects...

- A certain big man over at the hat place
- Irate Greeks
- That “You’re a Racist for questioning the accuracy of these jackets” Buzz Rickson rep over at the hat place

:)

colekwok

Well, it can also be another grumpy man on the forum.

If you do a search of his posts so far in VLJ, he started replying in 2016, and there are only a handful of threads with his presence....

1. WWII Russian Flight jackets (Foreign Flight Jackets)
2. Full Gear review (Books and Films)
3. Perry Sportswear A2-find the errors and omissions! (eBay / Auction Talk)
4. Real or Fake original A-2? (eBay / Auction Talk)
5. Clothes hanger for collection clothes (General Flight Jacket Discussion)
6. Help with information on a Ralph Edwards G-1 (Vintage)
7. Wanted: IRVIN, size 42-44", original or good repro (Buy / Sell)
8. M444-M445-ANJ4 (General Flight Jacket Discussion)
9. Avoid the Polo M-421 (Cloth)
10. Sunglasses to wear with your flight jacket... (Related Gear)
11. The biggest contract Aero Leather of Beacon NY ever received (Foreign Flight Jackets)
12. JA Dubow G1 MIL-J-7823 (AER) (Vintage)
13. my latest acquisitions (Related Gear)
14. G-1 CAGLECO 9211A contract (General Flight Jacket Discussion)
15. What is your holy grail jacket? (Vintage)
16. Private purchase jacket with painted patch on Navy pilot. (Vintage)
17. Help identifying vintage leather jacket...(Vintage)
18. Can anyone tell me about this Flying Equipment Company G-1 with A-2 Label? (Vintage)
19. 5* versus AVI (Repros)

He mainly comments in the Vintage forum. He looks to have particular interests in Navy jackets. Anyone that we may know?

mrchina

I think the best thing regarding "Edward" is to ignore him and maybe he will just "fade away".
That's all from the peanut gallery.
Don

Ken at Aero Leather

Eastwood, as anyone can see if they check his past posts, is very clued up on Russian WW2 jackets, he's passed on several pieces of useful info that I was unaware of, even though we work quite colosely with a Soviet collector / retailer.
Good guy to have around here............just my opinion.

B-Man2

Eastwood, as anyone can see if they check his past posts, is very clued up on Russian WW2 jackets, he's passed on several pieces of useful info that I was unaware of, even though we work quite colosely with a Soviet collector / retailer.
Ken
With all due respect, you may be ok with his rudeness and confrontational style because he has knowledge of a particular style of jacket, but for many of us it’s not worth putting up with his crap. Why should Thomas have to put up with his rude and offensive taunts just because he posted a review of jackets that he wanted to share with us. At the end of the day Tim’s response was spot on,
Tim ( Smithy) said it best, “it’s just a jacket, a piece of clothing” , it’s not worth having to take shit from a guy like him who has very little to offer in the way of respectful and meaningful dialogue . As if that weren’t enough, when people have finally had enough and respond to his rudeness, with like conversation, he attempts to play the victim of unprovoked personal attacks. ( Oh this is the reason others have left the forum)).
The guy is nothin more than a bully and he’s pathetic!
That it for me, I’m done with this thread.

Last edited:

Eastwood

Thanks, Ken, but you don't have to stand up for me ..

These people are masters only to find shit, and then throw it at the ventilator, enjoying the fireworks.
See how diligent they are,even organized an investigation:D

Last edited:

Eastwood

Well, the girls can't stand her
Cause she walks, looks, and drives like an ace, now
But you can come along with me
Cause we got a lot of things to do now

zoomer

Eastwood said:
Well, the girls can't stand her
Cause she walks, looks, and drives like an ace, now
She makes the Indy 500
Look like a Roman chariot race now
A lotta guys try to catch her
But she leads 'em on a wild goose chase now
And we'll have Fun, Fun, Fun
Till her daddy takes the T-bird away

Well, you knew all along
That your dad was getting wise to you now
And since he took your set of keys
You've been thinking that your fun is all thru now
But you can come along with me
Cause we got a lot of things to do now
And we'll have Fun, Fun, Fun
Now that daddy took the T-bird away

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Ok gents,

now that everybody knows the differences between AVI and 5Star and everybody appreciated my research maybe it is time to close this thread or either delete it ...

I‘m pretty interested to see what happens next time when I compare the very first A2 I owned from AVIREX with an A2 from let’s say AERO

:)