• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 Star USL A-2

Shawn Ali

Bill,

honestly I don't know... The FiveStar sub brand is a growing but still relativley small business for @Shawn Ali 's company...their major business is making large amounts of jackets for other companies and retailers, I think.

So, while increasing production numbers for these classic customers might not be an issue for Shawn, the increasing demand from people at FB, VLJ or the FL could very well be the exact opposite...

We are a demanding crowd, with expectations that differ from the regular fashion customer 180° degrees:

- they want hand warmer pocket, we don't...
- they want the inside pockets, we don't...
- they want baby smooth, ultra soft leather, we don't...
- they want the cheap, smooth running zipper, we want the sticky, authentic one...

I think the work crew at FS had a hard time to learn, that with flight jackets perfection is different from what they have been taught...so...yes, maybe additional business is a challenge for Shawn, especially when it comes to trained machinist and cutters. Being so focused on customization might not help much either.

Materials are quite similiar.
Shawn had to source new hides, linings, knits...while at the same time keeping in mind that he caters the "350 $ jacket guy", not the customers of ELC or GW.

Nevertheless, there is a lot of proof that Shawn is willing to constantly improve...I love his sheepskins and I personally think the "Dubow goat" is every inch on par with stuff I handled from RMNZ or ELC. His steer seems decent, too.

As @Shawn Ali has posted some photos of his brother at European fabric and leather fairs, I am confident that we will see some new and better hides, soon.

Ties
Dear @ties70

Thanks a lot for your detailed message and all of the concerns, well We always speak try our best to deliver our Best at the best prices, regarding the HH Leather that was some tanning improvement suggestions, which we immediately done and overcome all those problems which some of our customers highlighted, and since then we sell many HH Leather jackets without any complaints as our main area of focus is always the customer satisfaction, It is the fact that during 2021 we delivered more than 10000 leather jackets worldwide which is the main source of our business and we are still contributing to the Flight Jackets enthusiasts as a hobby and not for the sake of huge margins, that's the reason we are still offering our leather jackets from Goat, to HH to Sheepskin art lowered prices than any one else in the market. we always welcomed the suggestions to improve and never ended up with the R&D, still we are focusing on the more authentic stuff, Recently acquired 3 G1 Original Jackets, N3B Original Jacket, HLB Corp Original B3, another Original D1 which will be announced soon.

We are more focused to deliver the value to our Customers so any improvement suggestion anytime will be highly welcomed and acknowledged.

Best Regards

Shawn

Shawn Ali

Dear Friend and Members

In hopes that all of you are fine and enjoying Holidays.

Well Please find the detailed images of the United Sheeplined A2, and We would love to have any improvement suggestions from the members
DSC_3154 copy.jpg

DSC_3176 copy.jpg
DSC_3167 copy.jpg
DSC_3169 copy.jpg
DSC_3171 copy.jpg
DSC_3173 copy.jpg
DSC_3174 copy.jpg
DSC_3158 copy.jpg
DSC_3177 copy.jpg
DSC_3166 copy.jpg

Best Regards

Shawn

2BM2K

@Shawn Ali

Here are are a few observations with regards to improvements.

Label:
Original label;
U6.jpg

The FS label appears to be squashed due to small spacing between the lines.
The alignment of the start and end of the lines is wrong.
No. is written as NO.

The contract should be 42-18777-P, there appears to be a digit missing or maybe
written as 42-B777-P ?

Epaulette:
Original epaulette;
Epaulette.jpg

The leather on the underside has been folded over, on originals (all contracts) it was not folded, just a cut edge.

Hope this is of help.
Geoff

Shawn Ali

@Shawn Ali

Here are are a few observations with regards to improvements.

Label:
Original label;
View attachment 71718

The FS label appears to be squashed due to small spacing between the lines.
The alignment of the start and end of the lines is wrong.
No. is written as NO.

The contract should be 42-18777-P, there appears to be a digit missing or maybe
written as 42-B777-P ?

Epaulette:
Original epaulette;
View attachment 71719

The leather on the underside has been folded over, on originals (all contracts) it was not folded, just a cut edge.

Hope this is of help.
Geoff
Dear @2BM2K

Thanks for your great suggestions, both of the highlighted improvements will be completed in our next sample.

ties70

Dear @ties70

Thanks a lot for your detailed message and all of the concerns, well We always speak try our best to deliver our Best at the best prices, regarding the HH Leather that was some tanning improvement suggestions, which we immediately done and overcome all those problems which some of our customers highlighted, and since then we sell many HH Leather jackets without any complaints as our main area of focus is always the customer satisfaction, It is the fact that during 2021 we delivered more than 10000 leather jackets worldwide which is the main source of our business and we are still contributing to the Flight Jackets enthusiasts as a hobby and not for the sake of huge margins, that's the reason we are still offering our leather jackets from Goat, to HH to Sheepskin art lowered prices than any one else in the market. we always welcomed the suggestions to improve and never ended up with the R&D, still we are focusing on the more authentic stuff, Recently acquired 3 G1 Original Jackets, N3B Original Jacket, HLB Corp Original B3, another Original D1 which will be announced soon.

We are more focused to deliver the value to our Customers so any improvement suggestion anytime will be highly welcomed and acknowledged.

Best Regards

Shawn

Dear @Shawn Ali ,

Thanks for the additional info.

Reading that your main "bread and butter" business contributes to your sales volumes with 10,000+ jackets, I appreciate the effort you put into our and your "hobby" even more!

Ties

Shawn Ali

Dear @Shawn Ali ,

Thanks for the additional info.

Reading that your main "bread and butter" business contributes to your sales volumes with 10,000+ jackets, I appreciate the effort you put into our and your "hobby" even more!

Ties
Dear @ties70

Thanks for your message, we are always working to make our friends and customers happy with their purchase from us, for this reason we are also planned to open Physical Outlets, first outlet will be opened in Germany and I am hopeful European Enthusiasts will have the better customers experience by visiting and trying different jackets.

Best Regards

Shawn

MauldinFan

I was looking at a amazon listing and a few people mentioned the sizing wasn't accurate. Are these the typ4es like the Asian repros where you're better off ordering a size larger than you think it'd be?