• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 star Irvin ?

flyincowboy

Nope i am quite sure a warm sheepskin could be worn in the Brisbane area any time of the day! Just go to a company who works with frozen goods as well as Paul's ( milkery ) if they still exist And ask to visit their giant fridges . Friend of mine worked there to load trucks trailer with crate of frozen goods...and it was cold enough to wear a sheepskin jacket!

Last edited:

CBI

there are pics of his first completed Irvin jacket??? on the 5 Satr FB page. The lighting is off I think as the jacket looks dark purple almost!!!! but the shearling looks good and there are lots of positives to be seen.

mulceber

Yeah, the lighting looks off, and if it were me I would have gone for a medium brown on the reinforcements, but I think he has a good pattern there. I hope the density of the shearling is up to snuff. None of that warmer weather shearling.

Flash Badger

These were on my FB page today, looks like it’s ready for production.

Attachments

• 5C77C904-9790-4622-87E6-A0E7EB3A7FA5.png
    5C77C904-9790-4622-87E6-A0E7EB3A7FA5.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 203
  • F7C7F5DB-DD53-42DA-9F86-B5518F2F2806.png
    F7C7F5DB-DD53-42DA-9F86-B5518F2F2806.png
    2 MB · Views: 234

John Lever

The shape looks ok but it looks too dark in the photos and perhaps slightly too shiny. Irvins had a different coating to USAAF jackets I believe.

D97x7

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time but to be honest I'm a bit disappointed by the photographs, as said it just looks too dark to me as well. Think I'll wait until someone shows pictures of it in the wild before making a decision on whether to purchase one or not.

MikeyB-17

Shawn is saying on Faecesbook that colours can be custom ordered, so a more russet shade is doable. I’m interested in a closer look at the zips.

Micawber

Hmm several shades too dark but lighting is critical and we know from past experience some of the photography is a bit off colour wise.