• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 star Irvin ?

saucerfiend

The shape looks ok but it looks too dark in the photos and perhaps slightly too shiny. Irvins had a different coating to USAAF jackets I believe.
John, you're right, it is too dark. I know you and most Irvin guy prefer the more authentic duller coating, but I much prefer a nice shine. I guess the only problem I can see in the design is a bit too much fluff in the bottom hem. Agreed?

leper-colony

This might be closer to the truth?
1633188130300.png

John Lever

John, you're right, it is too dark. I know you and most Irvin guy prefer the more authentic duller coating, but I much prefer a nice shine. I guess the only problem I can see in the design is a bit too much fluff in the bottom hem. Agreed?
Could be a little fluffy

B-Man2

This isn’t criticizing because I think that this is the first test jacket Sean has made. I know he will continue to take our suggestions and turn out a nice representation of a period Irvin . So I’m just posting this shot for comparison . Here’s an original 1939 Warings for visual comparison.
CA7CB8D2-B255-4EC7-86F5-A2C063F266EE.png

Last edited:

Chris 55

The hem cuffs will be a bit woolly to start with as there is no wear on the jacket.
Also from pattern for this jacket it was 1940/41 which fleece is longer.