• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5* kids G1 project for daughter

Micawber

Nearly a quarter of a century ago [see my previous post]

R & Jacket.jpg

coolhandluke

Posting an update as the kids G1 jacket arrived from 5* today. I had an acquaintance off of a firearm forum that I frequent make a few different custom leather patches and name tags for me and I think I'm going to roll with the panda. Due to the construction of the jacket's liner pocket and windflap, the current placement of the patch and name tag is pretty much the only option. I have versions of the patch and name tag with and without perforated stitch holes so that I can either have them hand or machine stitched. The patches were made by Smokies Leather in the event that anyone needs something similar produced.

The jacket seems to be quite nice for the asking price. I requested that the darker russet brown mutton be used in lieu of the lighter rust colored mutton on the product page. My only critique would be the size of the sleeve knits, which are probably a little oversized for a child. One knit also appears to have been lightly darned at the end of the cuff. Not sure if this was done before or after it was sewn on the jacket. Otherwise it looks like a winner.

20220822_184436.jpg

20220822_184501.jpg

Last edited: