• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

47th Bomb Sqd...

ties70

Here is a patch which I had made "by mistake":

Some guy from FB approached me if I could make this patch for him.
I said "Yes!", asked for some details, explained the process, and asked if this would work for him...

Next day I received a photo and the message "Like this one, looking very old...!"

I took this as a "deal!", started, sent him a photo of the first draft...and got the next message: "You waste no time...I buy this from you, but not now...!"

He then started a discussion about the proper patch size, and decided that my draft was too large, anyway.

IMG_20210405_1811184~2.jpg

IMG_20210405_1813376~3.jpg

The size is slightly less than 5.5".

Ties

Flightengineer

Great job Ties...and strange story.
Hm...I made the same patch 3 years ago also for one guy who disappeared, and I never decided where to place it. At first I thought about the bag (not for a jacket this 47th not quite my taste, although I adore this crow) so it still in my patch's box.

leper-colony

That's what I told him, but he lectured me that my usual sizing of 5 3/8 - 5.5 is not the standard...and he wanted the patch in 4"....

My opinion, and I definitely do not know everything, is that don't be surprised in patch sizes as a rule.

Just under 5" to just over is typical though.

This lovely 305th copy is a bit of an odd duck at almost 8" high.

16176496542398968749758708647763.jpg

ausreenactor

I said "Yes!", asked for some details, explained the process, and asked if this would work for him...

Next day I received a photo and the message "Like this one, looking very old...!"

I took this as a "deal!", started, sent him a photo of the first draft...and got the next message: "You waste no time...I buy this from you, but not now...!"

He then started a discussion about the proper patch size, and decided that my draft was too large, anyway.

View attachment 56955

View attachment 56956

Ties
Wood duck! What a nuisance...

Looks great Ties... WE are blessed and the World IS a better place with the patch in it!

Smithy

View attachment 56955

View attachment 56956

Ties

Simple explanation...

The guy is an idiot Ties.

Your patch and the size you have made it in are brilliant. That's seriously one of the most nicely made and rendered patches I have seen. Come to think of it now, that guy was more than an idiot, he was a complete bloody idiot ;-)