• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$47,000 Fostex (Raf Simons) MA-1!

Centaurus3200

We all love clothes. I am intrigued by some "hypebeast" pieces because of well, the hype surrounding them.

This one has to be at the top of the phenomenon. 2001 Raf Simons Riot bomber. It's LITERALLY an army surplus Fostex camo MA-1 with custom patches. Cool patches... david bowie, bauhaus, etc. And he only bought the XXL size! I'm guessing only a few were made?

I guess if Kanye, Drake, a Kardashian, etc. Wear it, folks lose their minds.

Last edited:

Micawber

What a load of old tosh. I mean really. For a fraction of that you can walk into a good Saville Row tailor and within a few weeks collect a perfectly fitting hand cut , fitted and sewn bespoke garment that will likely last a lifetime and out class that hyped up BS effort any day.

The world has gone mad.

Officer Dibley

The world has always been mad Steve.
According to some, you can buy an off the peg suit for 1/10th the price of a new Eastman or Goodwear ....... or a brand new car with all the bells & whistles for less than the price of a 70 year old, open top, very basic General Purpose vehicle. Great boots or jeans for less than the price of some Red Wings and Sugar Cane denim. It’s all about perspective and financial means. Madness has many degrees and is very subjective. :cool: And if course we band if brothers here are seen as mad by many - including a lot of our wives !

Last edited:

Micawber

The world has always been mad Steve.
According to some, you can buy an off the peg suit for 1/10th the price of a new Eastman or Goodwear ....... or a brand new car with all the bells & whistles for less than the price of a 70 year old, open top, very basic General Purpose vehicle. Great boots or jeans for less than the price of some Red Wings and Sugar Cane denim. It’s all about perspective and financial means. Madness has many degrees and is very subjective. :cool: And if course we band if brothers here are seen as mad by many - including a lot of our wives !

Very true Dave. I think the Internet, social media and cult of the modern celebrity has made the world a lite more mad.

Spot on about the cost of a new small modern car v the very basic old utility vehicle. While the former will get you from A to B quickly, economically and in the warm experience shows its the latter that some would like to ride in.

M. from Berlin

1608281137408.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts