• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

413th Bomb Squadron and 8th AAF patches

Flightengineer

Hi guys,
I made these patches at the request of VLJ member @Brent.

Hope they will reach him soon and he can patched his A2 with them.

The jacket he is going to patch is not new, so we decided to give this patches "flew some missions" look.

fa30ae7f7c91.jpg

077f14b029dd.jpg

d7115d41a256.jpg

2394d5d880d3.jpg

Brent

I love the "stubby" mighty 8th AAF shoulder patch. Don't see too many of them floating around.
I'm not going to go into how talented Dmitry is. Pictures say it all. Well that orange red was a custom mix of color.

Regards,
96th a.png

kirova

You're right, short wings were rare. In the famous book, I found only one photo.

Nevertheless, the short-winged version looks very cool for my taste.

looks like originally there was a shoulder patch, it was removed, AAF decal applied, then the 8th AF logo was painted over the decal?

Flightengineer

looks like originally there was a shoulder patch, it was removed, AAF decal applied, then the 8th AF logo was painted over the decal?

I don't think this is painted over the AAF decal.
One old patch was removed and the 8AF was painted directly onto the leather.

kirova

I don't think this is painted over the AAF decal.
One old patch was removed and the 8AF was painted directly onto the leather.

yeah I guess you are right, at a glance, the blue part of the 8AF logo seems to be peeling, so I thought it was a decal, but at a closer look, looks like the whole logo was painted on.