• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40s CPO shirts, waerable under a flight jacket, nice and warm.

M. from Berlin

Hi Gents,
today I had a wool CPO shirt under a G-1, which is comfortable to wear at 5 degrees in Berlin. Here are two examples. Both Naval Clothing Factory, early one pocket version and later two pocket version.

IMG_2415 (3).JPG
IMG_2416 (2).JPG

M. from Berlin

[QUOTE = "jack31916, Beitrag: 303126, Mitglied: 294"]
Sind diese Gegenstände aus dem Zweiten Weltkrieg ausgestellt?
[/ZITAT]
yes, the one pocket shirt is pre/early WW2, the two pocket shirt ist late/post WW2. Cheers, Mario

B-Man2

I just checked ebay for one of these, as usual there’s a few, but all in small sizes . There is another shirt very similar to this one, it’s a US Army winter combat wool shirt . Very heavy OD wool . Used in WWII and the Korean War .
9AF1F55B-862F-4887-9118-CF4D4C5FED2A.png

M. from Berlin

wool was very popular in WW2 to the 60s. The Air Fors has the wool heavy flight shirts A-1, A-1A, and A-1B flying shirt, its more a jacket. Also the rare wool USN green flying shirt (like CPO 2 pocket shirt)

jack31916

I just checked ebay for one of these, as usual there’s a few, but all in small sizes . There is another shirt very similar to this one, it’s a US Army winter combat wool shirt . Very heavy OD wool . Used in WWII and the Korean War .
View attachment 53433
I've had a couple of these shirts. That's why I asked M if the darkblue ones were ww2 issue. Nice warm shirts which could be used as a jacket ;)

stanier

Thank you for the kind words guys. I asked my wife to take a quick pic of me wearing the CPO shirt before I had to drive to London for work. We were going to take the pic outside but it started tipping down with rain and I didn't have much time so I popped in a room I'm lucky enough to have as my man cave I suppose it is. But I'm even luckier that my wife likes it too and is gradually setting the theme for the whole house :D