• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40s 501s with Crotch Rivet but no Buckle back

pablocham

IMG_1530.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg

pablocham

I don't really know what to make of these. A friend of mine bought them at a garage sale ten years ago. They had been used to wrap up a violin, which was presumably more valuable than the jeans were at the time. I hope it was a fucking stradovarius. Anyway, no buckle back, but it has a crotch rivet. Possible that the crotch rivet was custom. I would like to see some good close up pics of non repro Levi's crotch rivets if anybody has them. Hidden rivets on back pockets. The old style buttons and rivets. I wish I had the other side which would have had the watch pocket and the red tab. My main observation: denim and details are a lot more like my Warehouse repros than they are like my LVCs.

Happy Hooligan

rarely do you get to see a pant. Especially a vintage pant. Mostly you only see a pair of pants....

too bad it's only half...

joeson

This really is a pair of WW2's that have been in the wars.Anybody know if Heather Mills is into vintage? :twisted:

Sid Vintage

That hurts. Would have been a $5000 plus pair of pants.

Reminds me of the time about 12 years back I came a cross an original 40's Levis 506XX one pocket jacket in pretty well mint condition. Except someone somewhere down the line had tie died it in bleach then overdyed purple. :(

Happy Hooligan

No size? and they really don't have hidden rivits... they have a hidden rivit.

I bet you still get 100 for these from some crazy levi guy..., he'll display them next to a mirror...

pablocham

There are two hidden rivets per back pocket; there is one back pocket and therefore two hidden rivets.

that said, I think you are about right on the price, except that I think it could go 50 dollars in either direction.