• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

27753 contract A-2

Peter Graham

This is my new favourite jacket and the same one that started me on this road to poverty. I bought this jacket five years ago and although it was good solid wearer there was something I didn't like about it but wasn't sure what, so it became a closet queen. It was only after joining this forum and seeing photos of other 27753's that I realised that it had been fitted with the wrong coloured knits. That's why it looked wrong. A few weeks ago I eventully bit the bullet and sent it to Aero to have the correct knits fitted and it's been transformed into what I think is a great looking jacket. It's all original bar the knits.The horsehide is bulletproof with some very mismatched hides. Here are some pics. The last photo shows the jacket with the knits that were originally fitted. I think it's huge improvment.
a-2006-1.jpg

a-2004-1.jpg

a-2002.jpg

a2004.jpg

a-2007-1.jpg

a2002.jpg

T-Bolt

Hey Peter,

I really do like those new knits. Its really interesting how making a change like that will change the overall impression of a jacket. That's a fine looking wearer. One of these days I hope to come by an original in my size that is wearable on a semi-regular basis. :cool:

Ted

bazelot

That's an awesome jacket Peter and a great fit. I used to own a 27753 contract and I should never have sold it.

Roughwear

Peter, the 27753 contract is also one of my favourite A2s. The new knits looks fantastic. I have a 100% original one in a size 44. It belonged to the major who was a ferry pilot and one of his passengers was the head of USAAF Procurement, a relative of mine!

A

Anonymous

I had heard Aero does great work on knit replacement. How long, and how much, if you don't mind me asking.

dujardin

heyyyyyyyyyyy,

good one.

TRES COOOOOOLLLLLLL

la classe (in french in the text)

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

Peter Graham

MarkP40 said:
I had heard Aero does great work on knit replacement. How long, and how much, if you don't mind me asking.
The work on this jacket cost £50 all in including some re-stitching to one pocket. The quality of the work and the quality of the knits is outstanding. As for how long, it depends on how much work they have on. The longest I have had to wait is six weeks and the shortest, one week. This jacket took three. If you ring or email them, they will give you a quote and tell you how long it will take. Ask for Will, he's very helpful.

bfrench

Administrator
Peter Graham said:
This is my new favourite jacket and the same one that started me on this road to poverty. I bought this jacket five years ago and although it was good solid wearer there was something I didn't like about it but wasn't sure what, so it became a closet queen. It was only after joining this forum and seeing photos of other 27753's that I realised that it had been fitted with the wrong coloured knits. That's why it looked wrong. A few weeks ago I eventully bit the bullet and sent it to Aero to have the correct knits fitted and it's been transformed into what I think is a great looking jacket. It's all original bar the knits.The horsehide is bulletproof with some very mismatched hides. Here are some pics. The last photo shows the jacket with the knits that were originally fitted. I think it's huge improvment.

a-2007-1.jpg

Now that is one gnarly looking example of old worn wrinkled leather - the jacket looks great too. ;)

Bill French