• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

22nd Bomb Group - 'Red Raiders' - full set

Yardstick

I've just finished the final one in a full set of 22nd BG patches. This is another of the units where each squadron had a variation on the group design, in this case different coloured borders.

So here they are, Australian style embroidered on undyed wool felt. First the 2nd (red) and 19th (white) Bomb Squadrons.
IMG_1189.jpg

Next the 33rd (yellow) and 408th (green). The 408th is a patch a did a few years back, while the 33rd was finished this morning.
Img_e1745.jpg

Finally a bonus image - my left hand as it is today following a scheduled op on Thursday - I have c. 15 stitches running from the mid palm up to the top joint of my little finger! I can't do much at the moment but bizarrely, sewing is reasonably comfortable and replicates many of the post op exercises my surgeon advised.
Image1.jpg

Yardstick

How’d you hurt your hand ?
Or did I miss that part?
I had what is called a Dupuytren's contracture of the little finger on my left hand - essentially the finger had curled back back into the palm and was severing limiting how I could use the hand for certain tasks. I needed to get it sorted, so went ahead with the surgery. It's only been a few days, but it seems to have been successful - will need some physio to recover fully though. Anyway at least it is a change from the usual mix of broken wrists, elbow and ankle I've collected from road cycling over the past decade or so.

ausreenactor

I've just finished the final one in a full set of 22nd BG patches. This is another of the units where each squadron had a variation on the group design, in this case different coloured borders.

So here they are, Australian style embroidered on undyed wool felt. First the 2nd (red) and 19th (white) Bomb Squadrons.
View attachment 88739

Next the 33rd (yellow) and 408th (green). The 408th is a patch a did a few years back, while the 33rd was finished this morning.
View attachment 88741

Finally a bonus image - my left hand as it is today following a scheduled op on Thursday - I have c. 15 stitches running from the mid palm up to the top joint of my little finger! I can't do much at the moment but bizarrely, sewing is reasonably comfortable and replicates many of the post op exercises my surgeon advised.
View attachment 88743
Love, Love, Love, Love and Ouch!

Lorenzo_l

View attachment 88739

View attachment 88741

View attachment 88743
Here is wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

flyincowboy

Get well soon ! first tought that you get hurt while doing your patches ! so easy to get cut with sharp tools!

Last edited: